• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

My cancer is back. Thanks for your love and friendship!

PerryW

Honorary Meteorologist
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Doctors told me last week the aggressive cancer in my lower abdomen is growing rapidly, and there's nothing they can do to stop it. They don't believe I'll live more than a few months at most. I believe in miracles but also reality of aggressive stage 4 cancer. I accept God's will, regardless.

However, I'm totally alone here in metro Atlanta. My only living close family is my younger sister and her family who live in Portland, Oregon. My dying wish is to be there with those I love most when the Lord takes me home. Because of my bedridden condition (can no longer sit due to having no left hip or pelvis; surgically removed in the attempt to stop the cancer), I'll need an air medical flight to transport me, which can cost $10,000 dollars or more (per my Emory nursing facility Social Worker).

After a lot of thought and prayer, created a GoFundMe website to help my dying wish become reality. Thanks for any assistance you can provide, and for your prayers. God bless you!

Please feel free to share this

Last edited by a moderator:

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Perry, I've shared your GoFunMe site on Twitter and Facebook.

Time is of the essence as he may become able to be moved.

Praying Perry!!

PerryW

Honorary Meteorologist
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Perry, I've shared your GoFunMe site on Twitter and Facebook.

Time is of the essence as he may become able to be moved.

Praying Perry!!
Many thanks Lori!

VegasEagle

Reaction score
Posted by Perry Williams
1 day ago

My humble thanks to each of you who have donated to help my dying wish come true. I'm overwhelmed by the love and support, and deeply humbled.

Unfortunately, I'm posting this update from a hospital bed. Around 9:30 pm Thursday, I began suffering severe pain in my pelvic region (location of the sarcoma mass). I was brought to Emory hospital just after midnight, and have been admitted. Thankfully I'm resting comfortably, and my doctors are running tests to determine what is going on (possibly an infection), and how to treat it.

Again, my humble thanks to each of you. May God bless!
Help spread the word!

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'll post one for him, this is VERY exciting!!

Awesome news! Chip Zeller from Fox5 Sports just messaged me on Twitter. They are interested in interviewing me, sharing my story, and help get me to Oregon! ♥♥
2764.png

PerryW

Honorary Meteorologist
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
he had to raise it to 30K, as he found out 10K was way too low for a cross country ambulance flight, but he has some other possibilities in the works too..hope he posts about it here

Yes learned today (from Emory Hospital Social Worker) about a company (GlobalMedServices) that flies terminally ill patients on first class commercial flights........with a flight nurse for about 1/3 the cost of regular air ambulances.

Back