• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Music

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I was never a fan of Elvis, too mainstream for me ;) Some of his early "rockabilly"was OK, and having lived in the era his song "In The Ghetto" is very moving. I'm one of the unfortunate who live with Clinical Depression. Luckily I can manage without meds thanks to a superb Therapist who I saw weekly for two years; Sandy taught me what to lookout for and how to deal with it when it happens, but it's always a rough time till the episode fades away. Currently in the middle of another deep episode I figured I'd share my theme song with you...

Killer custom guitar :cool:

In my case, OCD has caused depression to be the least of my worries as far as mental issues go... I really should be medicated for it, but meds in general aren't cheap and when you come from a family with a history of drug addiction it kinda becomes less of an option. At least my Tourette syndrome doesn't become an issue until someone picks up on it and I have to explain myself, or I have to make precise repairs on computer equipment and my hands act like they've been injected with Novocaine ;)

When I'm not at work, talking to my therapist (a fantastic man, been talking to him for a little over four years now) or generally out and about I'm usually listening to music at home, it's essentially the second most therapeutic for me behind literal therapy. A durable pair of headphones is a necessity for me to get through the day, in my case Howard Leight shooting earmuffs with 3.5mm audio support. If it's not Lynyrd Skynyrd or Elvis (the runners up in my fav. artists of all time are Kansas, Björk and Green Day) it's usually a song that my mind has nonsensically associated with a seemingly random tornado event.

Derek00

Reaction score
I've been playing the new Metallica song nonstop since it debuted. Granted, I'm a massive Metallica fan, but it's such a fun song. I can't wait to hear the next single to see if they keep the 'old school' sound throughout the album.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
As if we didn't lose enough lives in the horrific tornadoes yesterday, Lisa Marie Presley is dead at 54

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The cure to having a song stuck in your head is to find another song which gets stuck more :p

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It's no secret that Matt Farley is perhaps the biggest musical sh!tposter who ever lived, but that aside I think he left an important detail out of this song!

Reaction score
I took a dive into GTA V beta songs and now I have a debate in my head over whether this version or the Temptations original is better.

EDIT: SON OF A....!!!!! It's meant to be Get Ready by Rare Earth.
EDIT DOS: Fixed, hopefully

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Random Elvis fact that only TH2002 cares about:

Elvis' Mexican Sundial suit is definitely one of his more famous jumpsuits. Despite being synonymous with his final concerts, it was actually first worn during his Lake Tahoe shows in October 1974:
1974-25.jpg

It was not worn again until February 1977, and was the jumpsuit Elvis wore during all but one of the the concerts on his final tour in June of that year.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I've had this song from Blackberry Smoke rattling around in my head for days. Enjoy.

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Not quite stuck, but "She Sells Sanctuary" by The Cult has bee a very recurring tune in my head for the last two weeks after rabbit-holing into whatever became of the band.

On a more somber note Gary Rossington, the last surviving original member of Lynard Skynard, died yesterday

Reaction score
Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 22-00-27 Screenshot (61555).png (PNG Image 1920 × 1080 pixels).png
I'd like to know why the heck Spotify is tagging this one as "explicit" - they usually only do that with songs with profanity in the lyrics, and there isn't any in this one.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
View attachment 18790
I'd like to know why the heck Spotify is tagging this one as "explicit" - they usually only do that with songs with profanity in the lyrics, and there isn't any in this one.
In the true Spotify fashion Sweet Home Alabama is also marked as explicit for some reason...

On a somewhat unrelated note, the music I like is spread out across all the different streaming platforms - and since I hate streaming services in general... well, maybe I've said too much.

Reaction score
Sweet Home Alabama
Ahahahahaha speaking of Lynyrd Skynyrd my classic rock station just played Caught Up in You by 38 Special which used to be fronted by Ronnie Van Zant's brother. Lol!

EDIT: Ah, Spotify. They mark Sweet Home Alabama and Sweet Child o Mine, and Mother by Danzig (for the use of "hell", referring to the place) but they don't mark Hellraiser by Ozzy Osbourne (in the title), Lawyers, Guns and Money by Warren Zevon ("Send lawyers, guns, and money/The s:eek:t has hit the fan" - I wish they had the poop emoji here for stuff like this) or the Live at Leeds version of "Young Man Blues" by The Who ("They got sweet f:mad:k-all!"). And several others I'm forgetting. At least they marked Who Are You. ("Who the f:mad:k are you?")

EDIT 2: Also I've been swept into West Coast rap. God help us. Also, Blue Oyster Cult slaps.

Last edited:
Logo 468x120
Back