• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX May 13th-16th, 2020 Severe Weather Threat

Brice

Reaction score
Enhanced risk for severe weather across the southern plains with supercells developing and then converging into one or two squall lines. A squall line for tomorrow around 7-8 CDT is supposed to fire up. Friday, a marginal risk for OK, TX, KS, MO, and AR.

Bevo

Reaction score
Interesting setup for tomorrow, with some people in the comments referring to a similar outlook on the same day, 2 years ago (5/15/18).

Brice

Reaction score
Flooding is gonna be a concern, this system is moving slower than some of the other ones and also producing a lot of rain.

Bevo

Reaction score
Pardon me, that was more a reaction to the bizarre lines that are on that graphic.

my guess is that it had something to do with the program they use to draw the lines. It was fixed pretty much immediately so I’m glad I took the screen cap, but even trying to click the mesos at the time was all messed up.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
my guess is that it had something to do with the program they use to draw the lines. It was fixed pretty much immediately so I’m glad I took the screen cap, but even trying to click the mesos at the time was all messed up.
Just saying... it is 2020

Brice

Reaction score
You don't see this very often, I know the ingredients are different but, there's a better tornado threat in the Northeast than in Texas and Oklahoma.
1589556806150.png

Bevo

Reaction score
I'm a bit curious about this particular scenario, not being super knowledgable about meteorology.
There are currently 3 complexes of storms making their way up to the north Texas area, all of them coming from different directions. What happens when these three independent storm complexes collide? Recent models have shown the SE complex of storms beginning to die off in the next couple of hours, but I don't anticipate this being the case with the N and W two complexes.
arrow.png

Bevo

Reaction score
Dang, that ended up overperforming I'd say (unless you'd consider 8 "a few" tornadoes). I don't believe any were rated above EF-1 as of yet.

Last edited:
Back