• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX March 30th- April 1st 2023 (South, Southeast, Ohio Valley, Upper Midwest)

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Technical Admin
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

UK_EF4

Reaction score

Damage here looks particularly nasty - impressive tree damage in the foreground but contextual damage in the field looks quite bad - severe vehicle damage, could be ground scouring but can't tell if that is just how the field is.

Attachments

• 1680353955474.png
    1680353955474.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It really surprised me at how quickly the Sullivan tornado formed and became intense.
So many storms yesterday went from nothing to "VIOLENT TORNADO" within a couple scans, and there were multiple instances of that happening right over towns...

Speaking of which, still no word from Farson, IA - which could be a really good thing if it missed the town, or a really bad thing if it was a direct hit as shown on radar.

ColdFront

Reaction score
So many storms yesterday went from nothing to "VIOLENT TORNADO" within a couple scans, and there were multiple instances of that happening right over towns...

Speaking of which, still no word from Farson, IA - which could be a really good thing if it missed the town, or a really bad thing if it was a direct hit as shown on radar.
Cells were able to cycle very efficiently too. I know of at least 5 cells that were able to drop multiple tornados in succession.

I know outside of maybe one or two per outbreak, we haven’t really saw that kind of “sustained” success this year.

Logo 468x120