• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX March 26th-27th, 2023

buckeye05

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any mention of plans to survey that intense tornado in Georgia yesterday? I don't think I have seen anything from NWS Atlanta.
Yeah I have absolutely no idea what the deal is. Nothing even in their public information statement or on their Twitter. That was clearly an EF3, possibly a high-end one. Hell, given FFC and the Newnan rating, I wouldn't rule out EF4. So yeah, I don't know why we're getting zero preliminary information.

Reaction score
Yeah I have absolutely no idea what the deal is. Nothing even in their public information statement or on their Twitter. That was clearly an EF3, possibly a high-end one. Hell, given FFC and the Newnan rating, I wouldn't rule out EF4. So yeah, I don't know why we're getting zero preliminary information.
So weird. is it common for them to not have any information for this long?

Note…that tornado occurred yesterday morning. And we have nothing.

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Perhaps they're trying to avoid the embarrassment of the preliminary for downtown Mayfield where a "2 story brick church or commercial building" was assigned EF4,but was deleted and not even mentioned in all further reports.

I understand how deeper study and new info can chage things butI'm still at a loss how an entire 2 story brick buiding can disappear completely in 24 hours. Must be some damn fine looters in places...

buckeye05

Reaction score
Speaking of FFC, I'm curious to see what they find in Meriweather and Wilkinson Counties. Both had warned couplets with CC drops after the Milstead EF2, but I haven't heard anything about damage.

Back