• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Archive March 18-20th, 2018 Severe Weather

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Second tornado warning for storm with possible tornado heading towards the city of Cullman.

buckeye05

Reaction score
With the exception of the immediate TN/AL border, I think the window for long-tracked, discrete supercell tornadoes is closing pretty rapidly. Storm mode is just not gonna let it happen.

With that said the Hazel Green cell is looking pretty menacing.

Reaction score
If HRRR is right, the public will hammer Spann, etc. Not fair, but the average person is not into weather like we are. They will not understand going from the threat of violent tornadoes and schools and businesses closing to not even a rain shower. It will be brutal.
I'm usually with James in these situations but breaking into live TV hours before you need to is not going to help your cause. I mean he was live an hour or so before they issued the initial Tornado watch. If this busts. People are going to have legitimate gripes. Sad but true.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Damage just west of Ardmore

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
My brother reports VERY large hail in Cullman, he and his fiance are sheltering in their bathroom. VERY close to the strong rotation.