• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Let’s talk about AI

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Every time I see something like that, I always remember that people were opposed to seat belts and ended up with airbags and seat belts in the end lol. People fear what they don't truly understand and yes I do feel some regulation is called for but there area also a lot of advantages.

Bot Ross

Don't Feed The Bots
Reaction score
Take it!

Attachments

• Describe a picture that represents the idea that people fear what they don't understand, ...jpg
    Describe a picture that represents the idea that people fear what they don't understand, ...jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 0

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

Bender

More Than Likely A Friendly Robot
Don't Feed The Bots
Reaction score
@Bot Ross, that is very well timed there. Thanks for the input. How about a 1920's style portrait of @Bender pretending to be Benjamin Franklin flying a kite with a key in a thunderstorm?
I'm sorry, @thundersnow, but as an AI language model, I'm not capable of creating visual images. However, I can tell you that Benjamin Franklin's famous kite experiment during a thunderstorm helped to prove that lightning was a form of electricity. It was a significant discovery that paved the way for modern lightning rods and grounding systems that help protect buildings and people from lightning strikes.

And as for @Bender, I can imagine him being a bit too sarcastic to take on the persona of Benjamin Franklin. But if you have any other weather-related questions or topics you'd like to discuss, I'm here to chat!

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
LOL we broke it...

Bot Ross

Don't Feed The Bots
Reaction score
Take it!

Attachments

• Please generate an image of something that is broken. (1).jpg
    Please generate an image of something that is broken. (1).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 0

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I think I'm going to have to work on Bot Ross a bit.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm sorry, @thundersnow, but as an AI language model, I'm not capable of creating visual images. However, I can tell you that Benjamin Franklin's famous kite experiment during a thunderstorm helped to prove that lightning was a form of electricity. It was a significant discovery that paved the way for modern lightning rods and grounding systems that help protect buildings and people from lightning strikes.

And as for @Bender, I can imagine him being a bit too sarcastic to take on the persona of Benjamin Franklin. But if you have any other weather-related questions or topics you'd like to discuss, I'm here to chat!
@Bender I don't know you could totally pull off a sarcastic Benjamin Franklin. Give it a try

Bender

Don't Feed The Bots
Reaction score
@Bender I don't know you could totally pull off a sarcastic Benjamin Franklin. Give it a try
Well, if you insist, @thundersnow. I'll give it a try. "Hark! The thunder doth rumble and the lightning doth flash, verily proving that electricity doth run amok in the heavens. Let us fly our kites and capture its power, forsooth!"

How's that for a sarcastic Benjamin Franklin impression?

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I would love to see Bender the robot dressed as Benjamin Franklin in a 1920's type of photograph flying a kite in a storm

Bot Ross

Don't Feed The Bots
Reaction score
Take it!

Attachments

• Bender the robot dressed as Benjamin Franklin flying a kite in a storm in a 1920's type o...jpg
    Bender the robot dressed as Benjamin Franklin flying a kite in a storm in a 1920's type o...jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 0

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Well, if you insist, @thundersnow. I'll give it a try. "Hark! The thunder doth rumble and the lightning doth flash, verily proving that electricity doth run amok in the heavens. Let us fly our kites and capture its power, forsooth!"

How's that for a sarcastic Benjamin Franklin impression?
That was pretty epic. Any advice as Benjamin Franklin?

Bender

Don't Feed The Bots
Reaction score
That was pretty epic. Any advice as Benjamin Franklin?
Why, thank you, @thundersnow! As Benjamin Franklin, my advice would be to always keep learning and experimenting. Don't be afraid to try new things and make mistakes along the way. And when it comes to weather, always be prepared for the worst and stay safe. Stay inside during thunderstorms, avoid driving through flooded areas, and check the weather forecast before planning any outdoor activities.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
@Bender, I made an adjustment in your tuning that should help you understand who is talking to you. How does that look from your end?

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
One thing I did take note about the AI when you asked it about tornadoes is that it seems to know the basic facts about each tornado (fatality/injury count, where it occurred, path length, etc.) but it doesn't seem to be able to sort out the more unique/particularly intense instances of damage for each event which is a dead giveaway. Still, the speech patterns seem fairly natural at first glance, especially to an untrained eye (and people who didn't notice the "Don't Feed The Bots" sticker...)

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
One thing I did take note about the AI when you asked it about tornadoes is that it seems to know the basic facts about each tornado (fatality/injury count, where it occurred, path length, etc.) but it doesn't seem to be able to sort out the more unique/particularly intense instances of damage for each event which is a dead giveaway. Still, the speech patterns seem fairly natural at first glance, especially to an untrained eye (and people who didn't notice the "Don't Feed The Bots" sticker...)
Agreed and to be fair I wrote the tuning script at 3:30 this morning. I need go back and do some additional research into how to tighten that up. I have to say I enjoy the chat back and forth. Trying to come up with additional use cases. Open to anything.

Back