• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX January 10, 2020 Severe Weather Reports and Nowcasts

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my personal weather station. I’m about 15 miles north of Birmingham.

My personal weather station. South Huntsville.
IMG_20200110_202608.jpg
:p:cool:
2026 on January 10th ... It feels warm and humid outside for the dead of winter, and the sun has hours gone down.

MikeP

Reaction score
So gradient winds should really start to ramp up around midnight or so? Already pretty evident atm honestly. Ground is still so saturated from last week. Oh those trees. APCO is gonna have their work cut out for them tomorrow....

FEARLESS

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
So gradient winds should really start to ramp up around midnight or so? Already pretty evident atm honestly. Ground is still so saturated from last week. Oh those trees. APCO is gonna have their work cut out for them tomorrow....
Yes and they are predicting the low level winds coming from the gulf could be 70-90 mph meeting with line.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Had to get a new phone and been flyin' blind all day... I see things have relatively behaved today. Time will tell but given the uncertainties I think in retrospect maybe the earlier 15 hatch was a wee bit aggressive unless nocturnal supercells REALLY get crankin'.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Winds are already starting to howl where I am north of Birmingham.

The winds in Huntsville were shaking my car pretty good about 10pm while I sat waiting for my son to get off work.

Brandon

Reaction score
My buoy bell has been going non-stop for at least 2 days now. Definitely feels like one of those evenings before something big...hoping nothing major materializes though.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Meanwhile in Fayetteville, AR... Lightning just struck across the street, which as you can imagine lit up the entire apartment and then the loudest crack of thunder I have ever heard. The entire place shook like it was an earthquake. I've been at rocket launches that were not even close to being as loud. Several car alarms still going off as well. Behold the power of nature.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
With the upper level winds moving quickly this dang thing is moving at a snail's pace.

Jacob

Reaction score
Nasty looking circulation embedded in the line NW of Houston. Looks like it's the only active tornado warning at this time.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Back