• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX January 10, 2020 Severe Weather Reports and Nowcasts

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
It is moving slowly. Be safe my friend. But it is headed that direction.

Stateline warned system.jpg

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Texas firing up -

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Isolated cells ahead of the QLCS too... something I didn't know if we would get. Just now moving into the 15/hatch

Bevo

Reaction score
In terms of DFW, most of the activity I'm seeing is from the slowly approaching squall line. There's a few embedded cells down toward Waco making their way N/NE and several embedded cells up by Denton. All the isolated cells seem to be floating out east, especially near Paris. A SPC mesoscale discussion a while back mentioned it.

Hopefully in the next couple of hours, the line will move through DFW and clear that population center...

buckeye05

Reaction score
Rotation is definitely increasing with that embedded structure near Crowley, TX. Could be an issue for the DFW metroplex later on.

Reaction score
FWS_2343_CC.png

Proximity to the radar can be both a blessing and a curse. In this case, at barely 500' off the ground it's hard to say with confidence whether that's a TDS or just noise.

*EDIT, just as I said that, they TORR'd it calling it radar confirmed, lol.

Jacob

Reaction score
Nasty storm coming into Dallas. Radar confirmed tornado at one point. It is difficult to see it on radar as it is so close to the KFWS radar, but the circulation shows up quite clearly on the TDAL radar

Edit: I missed the posts above about this storm before posting this. The perils of posting from a phone, ha.

Back