• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Hurricane Isaias

Thankfully still have power for now, but it's gusting hard. Everything shakes and shudders every once in a while, pretty spooky sound.
 
Also, this is probably a stupid question, but when do they start restoring power after a storm? Do they follow the weather warnings? If an area is still under a Tropical Storm Warning, but it is safe to begin restoration, can they begin working on the lines? Or do they have to wait for that Tropical Storm Warning to expire? I am already anticipating being without power for a few days.
 
I am in Dallas County , Alabama and the winds have died down. According to the National Weather Service, this is when we were supposed to get the highest winds. Has the storm moved through faster than anticipated? We are now located on the south edge of the rain shield.
The Alabama network is live with James Spann. Should answer your questions better than I can

 
Back
Top