• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Tropical Storm Isaias

Globals came a little west on recent runs, slightly weaker. Hurricane models... not so much.
1791294128149.png
1791294157924.png
HAFS A-B is down to 972 and 969 but weakens it nearer to the coast.
1791294283250.png
1791294346360.png
 
Location seems fairly locked in, but intensity is dice roll. Hot ssts and some deep ocean heat support on the path, but still looks to be a hostile shear environment.
 
day5prob.gif
Day 5 15% yellow highlighted risk issued for the gulf coast
 
Yeah, I'm not buying a major. It'll certainly become a lower end hurricane though. I don't think the shear is forecast to relax at all either.
I think we'll have a better idea once we see how/where cyclogenesis happens. Where the low-level center consolidates matters most, because a Bay of Campeche center versus one further east or north changes the track and the time over water. The models are being run on a system that hasn't really organized yet. Lots can still change.
 
I think we'll have a better idea once we see how/where cyclogenesis happens. Where the low-level center consolidates matters most, because a Bay of Campeche center versus one further east or north changes the track and the time over water. The models are being run on a system that hasn't really organized yet. Lots can still change.

Amen! I was coming to say the same thing.
 
Back
Top