• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Historic tornado videos missing from youtube/the internet?

Reaction score
Oh! Speaking of photographs, are there any of the Olney, IL tornado of June 2, 1990? Wouldn't be such a big deal if there weren't photos + video of literally every other before-dark F4 that day. (I'm fairly certain there aren't photos or video of Seymour or Harrison as they were both after dark, but I'm positive Olney was during daylight)

Reaction score
Paging @AngelAndHisWx specifically because he seems to be an expert on May 27, 1997 videos:

Apparently there is a three second snippet of the Lake Travis F4 coming ashore near Lakeway. It's not much but it's the only video (or photo) evidence of the actual funnel. Apparently it was in a documentary. The existence of that also means there must be a tape with more footage of it.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it.

Last edited:

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Paging @AngelAndHisWx specifically because he seems to be an expert on May 27, 1997 videos:

Apparently there is a three second snippet of the Lake Travis F4 coming ashore near Lakeway. It's not much but it's the only video (or photo) evidence of the actual funnel. Apparently it was in a documentary. The existence of that also means there must be a tape with more footage of it.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it.
I remember those tornadoes every time I hear that we're not supposed to have very many tornadoes around this area of Texas. I've never seen that footage of those storms thanks.

Reaction score
Screenshot_20220809-160449_Drive.jpg
Apparently someone got a footage of the 1990 Mobara, Japan F3 (or F4) tornado which unfortunately, only one screenshot of it exist which shows a multi vortex funnel illuminated by powerflashes

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Footage of the 6/28/2018 Camp Crook tornado is somewhat hard to come by, but it was documented by a few storm chasers and some local residents. One video I would love to find was filmed by Charlotte Ottmo, but sadly it appears to have been lost and only two screenshots remain:
TornadoHardingCo.png

BAXDRRZD4ZJI5FGBFZL6BW243U.jpg

Another one I felt was worth mentioning is this video of the 8/21/2011 Fukuoka tornado. This was filmed from the Minami Ward of Fukuoka according to the official JMA survey report, but despite hours of searching I was unable to find the footage that matches this screenshot:
Fukuoka-tornado.png

AngelAndHisWx

Reaction score
Footage of the 6/28/2018 Camp Crook tornado is somewhat hard to come by, but it was documented by a few storm chasers and some local residents. One video I would love to find was filmed by Charlotte Ottmo, but sadly it appears to have been lost and only two screenshots remain:
TornadoHardingCo.png

BAXDRRZD4ZJI5FGBFZL6BW243U.jpg

Another one I felt was worth mentioning is this video of the 8/21/2011 Fukuoka tornado. This was filmed from the Minami Ward of Fukuoka according to the official JMA survey report, but despite hours of searching I was unable to find the footage that matches this screenshot:
View attachment 15195
Video of Camp Crook is on their Facebook:

AngelAndHisWx

Reaction score
Always get a "Video Unavailable" error so if it wasn't removed it must have been privated then. Bummer on my part...
Huh, it’s showing up on my end, took this screenshot last night! Maybe it’s only available to view if you’re logged into an account and on Facebook itself, probably isn’t set up for embedding 86C3EFB4-7D71-4B4A-B760-8FF073DC6028.png

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Huh, it’s showing up on my end, took this screenshot last night! Maybe it’s only available to view if you’re logged into an account and on Facebook itself, probably isn’t set up for embedding View attachment 15218
Can you post the URLs of the other two videos to see if I get the same error on those ones?

Back