• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Historic tornado videos missing from youtube/the internet?

eric11

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
  2. ARRL Member
The violent drillbit Andover KS tornado reminds me of two classic old school tornado during the 6/2/1990 outbreak
here's the loogootee IN F4

and the Browns IL tornado

OHWX97

Reaction score
The violent drillbit Andover KS tornado reminds me of two classic old school tornado during the 6/2/1990 outbreak
here's the loogootee IN F4

and the Browns IL tornado

Excellent comparisons. It also reminds me a lot of the 1991 Andover tornado, specifically around the time it was crossing I-35.

Extraordinary video captured by Jon Davies.

AngelAndHisWx

Reaction score
One of my VHS tapes has a very short news report about the Bakersfield Valley F4 from 1990. It’s short, but thought y’all might find it interesting since it’s the only known video I’ve seen of the damage, as opposed to the photographs currently available:

Lukester84

Reaction score
I’m looking for a video where one of the Minnesota tornadoes of 2010 forms and turns into a wedge and then comes toward someone’s house, some guy recorded it I just can’t remember the name of it but I know he says that’s a tornado.

Reaction score
OK, this seems fitting, this being the anniversary and all.
I remember watching a video some years back of a tornado lifting trees into the air hundreds if not thousands of feet. They went straight up into the air. I believe it was the Weatherby, MO F4 tornado on May 29, 2004. I cannot find the vid though.
I checked. A lot. I didn't find it on Youtube, however. EVERY SINGLE video from May 29, 2004 isn't even from Missouri - they're all from the Harper/Sumner tornadoes in Kansas.

Anyone have an inkling as to where it is? I'm about to check Dailymotion.

EDIT: Actually just anything from Weatherby. I can't find jack, but definitely know there are photos of it. Eric Flescher and a Kansas City news crew member were both on it, and there is an (unfortunately now gone) NWS page on it that was claimed to have photos.

Last edited:

AngelAndHisWx

Reaction score
OK, this seems fitting, this being the anniversary and all.

I checked. A lot. I didn't find it on Youtube, however. EVERY SINGLE video from May 29, 2004 isn't even from Missouri - they're all from the Harper/Sumner tornadoes in Kansas.

Anyone have an inkling as to where it is? I'm about to check Dailymotion.

EDIT: Actually just anything from Weatherby. I can't find jack, but definitely know there are photos of it. Eric Flescher and a Kansas City news crew member were both on it, and there is an (unfortunately now gone) NWS page on it that was claimed to have photos.
As far as I know, this is the only video on YouTube of the May 29 2004 MO event:

Reaction score
Ok, another request. This was a video that was absolutely everywhere back in the day.

So this dude was driving down the interstate (I specifically remember Taio Cruz's Dynamite playing) and filming traffic in the other lane when suddenly you see this tornado lift this HUGE piece of roof (or was it a tarp? Idk) from I think a stadium up and it comes down onto some poor truck as the dude flips out lol. It was all over the place but I can't find it now.

AngelAndHisWx

Reaction score
Ok, another request. This was a video that was absolutely everywhere back in the day.

So this dude was driving down the interstate (I specifically remember Taio Cruz's Dynamite playing) and filming traffic in the other lane when suddenly you see this tornado lift this HUGE piece of roof (or was it a tarp? Idk) from I think a stadium up and it comes down onto some poor truck as the dude flips out lol. It was all over the place but I can't find it now.
Ah, this one was just north of home. Windsor Locks CT back in 2013:

Reaction score
Alright this one's been driving me up the wall lol.
All in the middle and bottom sections of this Stormtrack thread you can see a bunch of chatter about an amazing sounding webcam shot from the Union University tower camera in Jackson, TN as it was getting hit by the EF4. In this thread someone posts a still shot (that doesn't show up frustratingly) and in the last post on that page member "Chris Straham" mentions having saved the entire thing, but I can't find it anywhere and as mentioned the still has vanished. The only video I've found that might show the tornado (all the other Union University documentaries just show damage and interviews) shows a fat wedge, but it doesn't look like the timing is right. IDK.

Reaction score
This is a video that used to be on YouTube yet seems to have since taken down (I can't find it anymore). It was from January of 2011, a tornado in Texas (EF1 or EF2) that at one point crossed a highway and someone in his car was taping it from his cell all the while repeatedly exclaiming WE ARE IN THE TORNADO! WE ARE IN THE TORNADO! lol. This used to be easy to find but not I can't find it at all. It's strange. It was a prelude of things to come for that year.

AngelAndHisWx

Reaction score
This is a video that used to be on YouTube yet seems to have since taken down (I can't find it anymore). It was from January of 2011, a tornado in Texas (EF1 or EF2) that at one point crossed a highway and someone in his car was taping it from his cell all the while repeatedly exclaiming WE ARE IN THE TORNADO! WE ARE IN THE TORNADO! lol. This used to be easy to find but not I can't find it at all. It's strange. It was a prelude of things to come for that year.

Back