• Current Tropical Systems
    Nicholas
  • Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We would love for you to become a part of our community.
    Take a moment to look around and join the discussion.
    CLICK HERE TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
1-800-PetMeds

Historic tornado videos missing from youtube/the internet? (3 Viewers)

TH2002

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
At 4:05 or so at the bottom right you can see the formation and dissolution of a horizontal vortex, I've seen a screenshot of it in Shawn's article on Jarrell but not the whole cycle of it, reminds me a lot of Bridge Creek-Moore's, incredible.
Also, you might not wanna post the video here as I don't want this thread to get taken down by copyright strikes.
I highly doubt the thread would get taken down. They would just pull the video from YouTube.

TH2002

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Does anyone else on this thread use DuckDuckGo? Aside from being a privacy friendly alternative to Google, it seems to do a pretty darn good job at digging up obsure tornado videos from YouTube and all around the web.

TH2002

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Another video I've been trying to find for years is the full color footage of the 1975 Omaha tornao as it was going through the city in the Crossroads area. Some of the footage can be seen here, but I remember in other parts of the footage power flashes can be seen.

AngelAndHisWx

Reaction score
A member of the Lloyd family posted the full chase video of the Oakfield, WI F5. Unfortunately the video isn’t in great quality. Not in the whole “it came from a VHS tape so it isn’t good anyways” way, I mean the bitrate is very crummy, like a video that’s been uploaded and reuploaded many times:

Users who are viewing this thread