• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Highlighted posts from Thursday, Mar. 04, 2021

TWBot

TalkWeather Bot
Don't Feed The Bots
Reaction score
Click here to view on the web
Highlighted posts
February 28, 2021 * 10 posts * 682 views
WhirlingWx said: Cold front is about to come over me here in northern DFW, effectively ending my severe weather threat. Honestly, I had been so focused on MBY that I hadn't looked at the environment ... Read more >>
February 26, 2021 * 9 posts * 224 views
MNTornadoGuy said: I found a rather interesting winter weather event from 2016, on 12/15/2016, a lake-snow effect band was ravaging the southwest shore of Lake Ontario. What was unusual about this ... Read more >>
February 26, 2021 * 94 posts * 9,311 views
Shakespeare 2016 said: I talked with a farmer and a lady who were on the Kansas side in the far NW quadrant of Cheyenne County Kansas and they both told me temperatures were around -25F to -27F and winds ... Read more >>
March 01, 2021 * 3 posts * 105 views
bjdeming said: Today there was a 3.7 to the southwest of that large one. Have looked into this a little: wastewater injection might be the culprit, though I haven't read any direct attribution. ... Read more >>
February 28, 2021 * 19 posts * 796 views
Juliett Bravo Kilo said: Given that it involved Yellowstone and is a vortex, I figure I might as well post this article about a steam devil spotted over Yellowstone Lake 7 years ago. It apparently lasted ... Read more >>
March 04, 2021 * 3 posts * 128 views
MattW said: Jay, now it's my turn to apologize. I forgot I even wrote this topic until I happened to glance at the non-weather forums, which I very rarely do. Thank you for posting that information! ... Read more >>
March 02, 2021 * 155 posts * 17,160 views
Matt Grantham said: It's starting to happen. The waves are lining up in a series, poised to take advantage of whatever moisture return occurs. The probability of severe storms and tornadoes continues ... Read more >>
March 03, 2021 * 12 posts * 584 views
StormStalker said: They landed SN10 today but about 5 minutes or so after the landing it blew up! Read more >>
February 28, 2021 * 53 posts * 2,847 views
MNTornadoGuy said: It appears it might be possible to forecast the potential for pyrotornado development. The strongest pyrotornadoes seem to form in an environment with an inverted-V profile, a ... Read more >>
February 28, 2021 * 61 posts * 3,149 views
eric11 said: Allan Gwyn shot some fantastic, high quality video in early 90s including the 95 Kellerville F5.The high resolution image quality and a stable visual angle left a deep impression ... Read more >>

Back