• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Highlighted posts from Thursday, Apr. 01, 2021

TWBot

TalkWeather Bot
Don't Feed The Bots
Reaction score
Click here to view on the web
Highlighted posts
March 28, 2021 * 272 posts * 16,165 views
Equus said: Short Cordova to Jasper chase, a mostly dying supercell that was still spinning but winding down as the sun set over Walker county. It originated over in central Mississippi, passing ... Read more >>
March 27, 2021 * 1,876 posts * 126,341 views
pohnpei said: One thing I always paticularly notice about when determining the intensity of tornados in Dixie was the treefall pattern due to the feature of its high moving speed.(often 50 or ... Read more >>
March 31, 2021 * 23 posts * 861 views
Austin Dawg said: Mom just called and said they were surprised with the storms. Said her alarms on her phone didn't go off for the Tornado Warnings and she was awakened by the sirens. She said that ... Read more >>
March 30, 2021 * 9 posts * 194 views
Duane Tiemann said: We often see a line of generally lower precipitation during storms. See attached AccuWeather radar maps. What could cause this? Is there a name for it? Thanks, Duane Read more >>
March 30, 2021 * 5 posts * 163 views
Bama Ravens said: This article came out today following a massive data outage at the National Weather Service this morning. The article takes a deep dive into recent issues and outages with NWS ... Read more >>
March 29, 2021 * 6 posts * 205 views
Equus said: Sometimes it's really borderline and subjective honestly, usually any break at all designates a separate tornado but occasionally a meso handoff can occur so fast and the path ... Read more >>
March 29, 2021 * 18 posts * 655 views
warneagle said: It's not censorship if they chose to do it themselves. Nobody forced them to do it against their will. In any case, it's a relatively unimportant issue compared to the other significant ... Read more >>
March 30, 2021 * 2 posts * 90 views
Nightking2021 said: I just wonder why most NWS offices who issue a TE will use the considerable damage threat but at the end tag it as catastrophic? I thought they were 2 different things. Like shouldn't ... Read more >>
March 29, 2021 * 1 post * 77 views
TH2002 said: Wasn't sure where to post this thread though I decided posting this here would be best. If I'm mistaken please let me know! Anyways, I would like to share two recent acquisitions ... Read more >>
March 30, 2021 * 347 posts * 38,709 views
sak said: Not sure where to post this, so figured I'd ask here. Whenever I watch live coverage of tornado outbreaks on local stations, I always love the radar products they use. Is there ... Read more >>

Back