• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

skelly

Reaction score
All the way from strictly lay weather watchers to professionals on here, name some go to sources for severe weather, winter weather, event planning, tropical weather. Where to you look to get you’re information to use to make decisions based on the weather?

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I when there's active tropical storms I watch Levi's daily video blog at tropicaltidbits.com - I also use that website and weather.cod.edu to look at model data.

bjdeming

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Strictly layperson here. To make decisions? The NWS webpage and Twitter feeds for my area, but that's because I'm in the Pacific Northwest, where weather is not terrifying most of the time (sometimes it is). It works for all my needs, along with communicating with people here in various places. When I lived in and around Tuscaloosa, it was also the other typical sources: local TV (thank you, Mr. Spann), the Storm Prediction Center, and the National Hurricane Center. And also Talkweather.

That was in the late 90s, though -- there's so much more available today. If I was in an area with more activity now, I'd probably also be glued to Severe Studios, too. Just to follow weather events, I also use UW-Madison CIMSS Twitter a lot (and Tropical Tidbits).

Back