• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We would love for you to become a part of our community.
    Take a moment to look around and join the discussion.
    CLICK HERE TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Getting to know our members! (1 Viewer)

Stormlover

I've been on TW since, well I don't know how long...when did it start? I had a different name at first, then something crashed and I had to change names, and it's been a smooth ride ever since, lol...j/k....had some rough times in politics, and even a few in weather, but thanks to Jack and the rest that have kept it going all these years. It has certainly been interesting. Thanks to Wes for taking over to keep it going.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
I stumbled across Talkweather in 2003 while tracking Hurricane Isabel. I only lurked in that thread and I don't think I ever really checked out the rest of the site. Isabel made landfall in North Carolina and then I forgot about TW. Fast forward to 2004 and Hurricane Ivan and I remember the site and actually joined that time around. You folks have been stuck with me ever since.

HazardousWx

Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer
HAM Callsign
W4SSW
I first joined in November of 2002. I joined because I work in emergency management for a county and work severe weather operations in the emergency ops center and give severe weather & preparedness safety talks to groups as part of my job. I somehow stumbled on to this forum back then and became less active in later years as it seemed I didn't recognize many members. Giving it a go again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)