COVID-19 detected in United States (4 Viewers)

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
we're getting closer to a more effective annual COVID vaccine.

I'm vaxed and boosted(once), but now the new Pfizer drug is on the market that you can take once infected I am laying off the boosters. I might do an annual with my flu shot though.

I am the same Mike.. 2 vax and 1 boost. With the strains mutating to less severe forms and Paxlovid available and seemingly effective, I am not opting for another booster at this time.

Jacob

Reaction score
We are now on the backside of the current BA.5 wave, and thankfully it proved to be a big nothing-burger across the US. It has certainly caused a lot of mild illness across the US this summer, but there's just not much severe illness associated with it. It's hard to get an accurate estimate of hospitalization/death numbers due to incidentals, but it sounds like incidental admissions/hospitalizations make up as many as 80-90% of "COVID Hospitalizations" now.

Last edited:

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
3 of my good friends have all had Covid in the last week and 1 is still testing positive. All of them started Paxlovid within 24 hrs of symptom onset and positive testing (2 of them are MDs). One felt bad for about 36 hrs then bounced back pretty quickly and tested negative 5 days later. The other 2 stayed in bed with bad headache, body aches, fever, cough for 3 days and are still feeling pretty bad even though the fever broke on Day 4 for both of them. One of them still tested positive after 7 days, the other hasn't retested yet

Users who are viewing this thread