• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

College Football 2017 Season

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
I am hearing some message board rumors that Tua is exploring a transfer to UCLA after the season but nobody who's highly credible has said anything about it. I hope he doesn't though.. I'd love to see an open competition in the spring but if he wants to go somewhere that he knows he'll star and in an offense more suited to his skillset, I can't really blame him

Reaction score
In other news... This... from the Rose Bowl. Wow! #America

Very nice and Tshirt worthy Photo!!

BTW Dawgfan in the Bamaland here so

Go Dawgs!!

n0yhys9.gif

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
He has yet to say one positive thing regarding his alma mater in his time as a commentator. He's a try hard as an announcer, who goes too far again and again to create a facade that he has no bias. But in fact, it is over the top. Have you even watched a game with him as color commentator? It's awful...give me Gary Danielson any day.
I think he does a great job at being non-biased. I think he makes more astute technical observations than Todd Blacklidge and getting close but not quite to the level of Herbstreit and Danielson.

Evan

Reaction score

Evan

Reaction score
Other than the birth of my children, watching Georgia lose in the most painful and most Georgia way possible, is literally the 2nd most enjoyable moment of my life. I'd love to see it happen again next year.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Being a Texas native, I couldn't care less who won or lost, but that was a fantastic game. Both teams are very talented. Wow! I love great football.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
This is why Nick Saban is the greatest coach in college football history. His offense was going nowhere. His defense was gassed. The team was beginning to turn on itself. He went into the locker room and made the adjustments on both sides of the ball, and got his guys back in line and reminded them that the centerpiece of the process is that they play their hardest and support their teammates for 60 minutes of the game.

And we came back out and completed one of the greatest comebacks in the history of college football. Remember this game y'all. This is one we will tell our kids and our grandkids about one day.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
And also, I think this is the nail in the coffin for the Jalen Hurts era at QB. We're moving onto Tua full time now and Jalen will likely change positions come spring ball. Tua.. came into the national championship with the offense not doing anything, and took absolute command of the offense and led us to a national championship.

He's gonna be great y'all. Perhaps our best QB since McCarron and he may even surpass him. I'm beyond excited for 2018.

Evan

Reaction score
And also, I think this is the nail in the coffin for the Jalen Hurts era at QB. We're moving onto Tua full time now and Jalen will likely change positions come spring ball. Tua.. came into the national championship with the offense not doing anything, and took absolute command of the offense and led us to a national championship.

He's gonna be great y'all. Perhaps our best QB since McCarron and he may even surpass him. I'm beyond excited for 2018.

Yeah, as an Auburn fan he scares me. He has played well all year. That said, it primarily came during mop-up duty against 2nd stringers. He certainly handled the pressure well. But he was there's something about QBs when other teams/coaches don't have much film on them, haven't been able to identify tendencies, etc.

Talent wise he definitely could be one of Bama's all time greats. Daboll & Saban should be much better at developing a QB than Gus, but let's all take a moment to remember Jeremy Johnson. He got Heisman hype after mop-up duty and an incredible half vs Arkansas. Obviously, that ARKY defense has NOTHING on this UGA team, but QBs can be funny. Nick Foles for instance.

Tua seems like an awesome kid with a great family. I hope he does well. Even if things don't go 100% according to plan, I certainly hope he plays to his potential instead of pulling a Jeremy Johnson (who was a great kid with a big heart, but just couldn't handle the day-to-day stress of being a starter).

The SEC isn't quite the NFL, but we've all seen backups play 3-4 incredible games and then coaches and filmwork catch up. Don't think that will happen with Tua due to his talent, attitude, and the Bama coaches, but I wouldn't say we should crown him just yet.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Yeah, as an Auburn fan he scares me. He has played well all year. That said, it primarily came during mop-up duty against 2nd stringers. He certainly handled the pressure well. But he was there's something about QBs when other teams/coaches don't have much film on them, haven't been able to identify tendencies, etc.

Talent wise he definitely could be one of Bama's all time greats. Daboll & Saban should be much better at developing a QB than Gus, but let's all take a moment to remember Jeremy Johnson. He got Heisman hype after mop-up duty and an incredible half vs Arkansas. Obviously, that ARKY defense has NOTHING on this UGA team, but QBs can be funny. Nick Foles for instance.

Tua seems like an awesome kid with a great family. I hope he does well. Even if things don't go 100% according to plan, I certainly hope he plays to his potential instead of pulling a Jeremy Johnson (who was a great kid with a big heart, but just couldn't handle the day-to-day stress of being a starter).

The SEC isn't quite the NFL, but we've all seen backups play 3-4 incredible games and then coaches and filmwork catch up. Don't think that will happen with Tua due to his talent, attitude, and the Bama coaches, but I wouldn't say we should crown him just yet.

One thing Tua has is that championship mentality.. we may never in our lifetimes again see a freshman backup QB come in and lead a 13 point comeback in the 4th quarter on the sport's biggest stage. He did in one half what Jalen couldn't do in two whole years, and that is have total command of the offense and lead a charge through the air.

Logo 468x120
Back