• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Big Luther's Campaign

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I have never been so disappointed in an election. They are both scum.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
I have never been so disappointed in an election. They are both scum.
It's really quite sad. I've already abandoned choosing a candidate for the primary. I'm going to throw my vote away and vote for Doug Jones (the Democratic candidate) in the general election because I refuse to vote for Moore or Strange.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I can't vote in the runoff because I voted in the Democratic primary, and I'll be voting for Doug Jones in the election.

At the end of the day, the Republicans have failed to keep almost every promise they've made over the last 20 years. Gingrich & co. had a good run when they were first elected in 96, but since then no matter how much power they've held, nothing has improved. They get to Washington and want to be part of the in crowd instead of doing what we voted them in to do. That's the swamp we need draining and the only way I can see it fixing itself is if the Republicans get destroyed in national elections. I don't think the Democrats have all the answers, but I want to destroy the Republican party as we know it and start over and for that to happen we need to first vote them all out.

The good news is if we elect enough Democrats they'll tick enough people off there will be a chance to get them back out of the way, but the Republicans better not give us retreads or I'll vote against them again.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
I can't vote in the runoff because I voted in the Democratic primary, and I'll be voting for Doug Jones in the election.

At the end of the day, the Republicans have failed to keep almost every promise they've made over the last 20 years. Gingrich & co. had a good run when they were first elected in 96, but since then no matter how much power they've held, nothing has improved. They get to Washington and want to be part of the in crowd instead of doing what we voted them in to do. That's the swamp we need draining and the only way I can see it fixing itself is if the Republicans get destroyed in national elections. I don't think the Democrats have all the answers, but I want to destroy the Republican party as we know it and start over and for that to happen we need to first vote them all out.

The good news is if we elect enough Democrats they'll tick enough people off there will be a chance to get them back out of the way, but the Republicans better not give us retreads or I'll vote against them again.
There was a good al.com article (I think it was yesterday or today) asking if Doug Jones could be the Democratic Guy Hunt. I'd love to see that happen.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
There was a good al.com article (I think it was yesterday or today) asking if Doug Jones could be the Democratic Guy Hunt. I'd love to see that happen.

I'd be shocked, but you never know.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The Bill Bubba Bussey edorsement commercial for Strange made me want to gag.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
The Bill Bubba Bussey edorsement commercial for Strange made me want to gag.
The thing that bothers me the most about that commercial is Bubba doesn't even sound like he means what he's saying... the lack of enthusiasm and emotion in his voice is overwhelming.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The thing that bothers me the most about that commercial is Bubba doesn't even sound like he means what he's saying... the lack of enthusiasm and emotion in his voice is overwhelming.

I just assumed he was trying to sound less "Bubba"

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
The Luther and Moore commercials are embarrassing to watch. Makes me cringe when they come on, but I guess that is the substance the Alabama electorate wants to hear.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I think this Repub runoff could be a lose-lose for Trump. He has endorsed Luther, but so has McConnell and the DC Repub establishment. These are the same people that Trump proclaimed he was going to drain the swamp of. So now we have Trump wading in the swamp with the establishment. How will this sit with his base? If Moore wins, then Trump's endorsement will show he has lost a lot of sway with Alabama voters and he doesn't carry the clout he once did.

Evan

Reaction score
Roy Moore sounded like an absolute nutjob during last night's debate. That anyone is fooled by his supposed strong "Christian beliefs" is both deeply sad and unbelievable.

This piece, by one of Moore's law school professors helps confirm a lot of what I think many of us have surmised about Roy. It's not about God. It's about his incredible arrogance and massive ego.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...sf/2017/09/a_lesson_on_roy_moore_from_his.amp

He's right; you're wrong, and God is on his side. If you oppose him or question his logic you are immoral and anti-Christian. He literally said "God's on MY side" at least twice last night. He truly believes God is ONLY on his side, and picked him to be a great leader. The arrogance is astounding.

Truly saddened that Doug Jones has expanded his "Planned Parenthood is great" spiel on his website. I'm sure he's gotten a lot of money from Progressives with strings attached that led to that, but killing innocent babies is killing innocent babies. I wish I knew his true belief.

I also realize, that if abortion restrictions were going to be put in place by Congress, they would've done so right after Trump came into office. The GOP has done nothing in that regard since taking full control. Thousands of beautiful and innocent babies have been brutally butchered in that time. They had the opportunity to defund Planned Parenthood and even shut the government down over it but refused.

I've never understood how Obamacare or other crap is worth a government shutdown, but stopping the murder of innocent babies is not? It shows the GOP is a party of outright liars that is absolutely fine with the status quo and doesn't really oppose abortion -- at least not to the extent that it would cause them political problems. What an unbelievable moral failing of our country. One day, the men that had the ability to do something to stop abortion, but did not even try, will be held to account.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Roy Moore sounded like an absolute nutjob during last night's debate. That anyone is fooled by his supposed strong "Christian beliefs" is both deeply sad and unbelievable.

This piece, by one of Moore's law school professors helps confirm a lot of what I think many of us have surmised about Roy. It's not about God. It's about his incredible arrogance and massive ego.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...sf/2017/09/a_lesson_on_roy_moore_from_his.amp

He's right; you're wrong, and God is on his side. If you oppose him or question his logic you are immoral and anti-Christian. He literally said "God's on MY side" at least twice last night. He truly believes God is ONLY on his side, and picked him to be a great leader. The arrogance is astounding.

Truly saddened that Doug Jones has expanded his "Planned Parenthood is great" spiel on his website. I'm sure he's gotten a lot of money from Progressives with strings attached that led to that, but killing innocent babies is killing innocent babies. I wish I knew his true belief.

I also realize, that if abortion restrictions were going to be put in place by Congress, they would've done so right after Trump came into office. The GOP has done nothing in that regard since taking full control. Thousands of beautiful and innocent babies have been brutally butchered in that time. They had the opportunity to defund Planned Parenthood and even shut the government down over it but refused.

I've never understood how Obamacare or other crap is worth a government shutdown, but stopping the murder of innocent babies is not? It shows the GOP is a party of outright liars that is absolutely fine with the status quo and doesn't really oppose abortion -- at least not to the extent that it would cause them political problems. What an unbelievable moral failing of our country. One day, the men that had the ability to do something to stop abortion, but did not even try, will be held to account.
You left out the part of your post that ties all of this to Hurricane Maria. ;)

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Total brain fart. Took me forever to remember how to move a post on this board. Oops!

Reactions: KoD

Derek00

Reaction score
This Trump/Strange (Fitting...) rally is such an embarrassment. Trump is (Of course) all over the place in his deranged way and ranting about everything from the GOP not ending Obamacare to the NFL not being strict enough. He managed to add that any player who kneels should be "publicly fired" for protesting. Because, you know, peaceful protest and making our awful health care system worse if definitely "MAGA"-ing like crazy.

This is like the f'ing Twilight Zone. A horrible, horrible Twilight Zone.

Reactions: KoD

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Well Strange is out. Moore is in as the GOP choice. Not really sure have accomplished much.

Derek00

Reaction score
Just when you think Alabama couldn't be more embarrassing, they go and (Will likely) elect a guy who's thrown out racist slurs in public recently (And has a history of racism), pulled out a gun at a rally while cosplaying as Woody from Toy Story, and said 9/11 was punishment from God.

I've said it before, but if there's one thing on this planet that has absolutely earned all of its negative stereotypes, it's sadly the state of Alabama.

Daryl

Reaction score
I just give up .Moore is a deranged charlatan.It's always god and guns with Alabama voters.It's no wonder the state lags at the bottom for infinity.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Congrats, Alabama. This is who you nominated and likely elected.

He must get his news from his aunt's Facebook posts.

DKqArYcX0AAclrI.jpg

Back