• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Big Luther's Campaign

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
For those of you not from Alabama, Luther Strange (AKA Big Luther) is running for Senate. He had ads blanketing TV, and it seems his campaign platform is quite simple: He loves Donald Trump. His opponents are against Trump. His opponents have said mean things about Trump. He wants to bear Trump's children. No mention of actual issues/beliefs/concerns, just Trump Love. The most depressing part is that it will probably be effective.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
For those of you not from Alabama, Luther Strange (AKA Big Luther) is running for Senate. He had ads blanketing TV, and it seems his campaign platform is quite simple: He loves Donald Trump. His opponents are against Trump. His opponents have said mean things about Trump. He wants to bear Trump's children. No mention of actual issues/beliefs/concerns, just Trump Love. The most depressing part is that it will probably be effective.

He does make a good point on Mo Brooks flip-flopping on Trump. I've long been a Brooks fan and was happy to find out he saw Trump for who he really is, at least until he decided to run for Senate now Trump is his BFF.

There are so many people running it will take time to figure out who I will vote for, if I vote at all.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
When Brooks came out with the statement back in the spring about people living good lives don't have pre-existing conditions, I was pretty much done with him. But those commercials, that are supposed to produce a negative impression of him because he was critical of Trump, have given me a positive opinion of him. I may reconsider him now.

Just wait til Judge Moore enters the advertising fray. They will be arguing who has the biggest Bible, the most guns, the tallest wall, and who has kissed the derriere of Donald Trump the most.

Last edited:

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
When Brooks came out with the statement back in the spring about people living good lives don't have pre-existing conditions, I was pretty much done with him. But those commercials, that are supposed to produce a negative impression of him because he was critical of Trump, have given me a positive opinion of him. I may reconsider him now.

Just wait til Judge Moore enters the advertising fray. They will be arguing who has the biggest Bible, the most guns, theand who has kissed the derriere of Donald Trump the most.

Mo seems awfully supportive of Trump here, at least as far as the wall is concerned

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Mo seems awfully supportive of Trump here, at least as far as the wall is concerned

Big Luther is more supportive of Trump. Big Luther will build Trump's wall himself. If Trump wants Mexico to pay for the wall, Big Luther will beat up Mexico's President to make him pay.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Mo's latest add has video and audio of Congressman Steve Scalise's shooting. Mo uses this to show his support for the 2nd amendment. Using a terrible event for your own benefit... stupid. Just when I started to like Mo again. Mo, Luther, and Roy... are coming off as the 3 Republican stooges. Sad

Matt

Reaction score
The Senate Leadership Fund PAC running ads supporting Big Luther's campaign is controlled by Mitch McConnell. Enough reason to not vote for him.

Evan

Reaction score

ARCC

Reaction score
I was liking Mo Brooks but his Sessions comment dials me way back. Stranges support from McConnell does him in alone with me, but I don't like Sessions nor anyone who buttkisses him.

In fact I'll vote for whoever states as Senator they will make a law that Trump can't fire Sessions and Sessions can't quit.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Trump has tweeted that he is endorsing Big Luther. Now that seems a bit ironic because of the 3 top Repub candidates, Big Luther is more of the establishment type than the other 2 and I thought that was what Trump was pledging to get rid of

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Trump has tweeted that he is endorsing Big Luther. Now that seems a bit ironic because of the 3 top Repub candidates, Big Luther is more of the establishment type than the other 2 and I thought that was what Trump was pledging to get rid of

because Trump is an imbecile, that's why.

Luther probably led a poll he saw so Trump wanted to claim "victory" if/when he wins.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Of course Trump is endorsing Big Luther - given Trump's ego, who else would he endorse other than the man whose campaign is a giant kiss on the presidential posterior?

Evan

Reaction score
Latest poll. Moore now has a wide lead over 2nd place Strange. Doug Jones still losing to the mystery "Robert Kennedy Jr." that is solely trading on his namesake.

http://www.fox10tv.com/story/36092853/moore-kennedy-lead-statewide-survey

Roy Moore just said in an interview that the USA is the focus of evil in the modern world. And, no, he wasn't saying people are against us... he's saying the USA is evil.

This new form of GOP patriotism is interesting. Obama was bad for apologizing when the US made historical mistakes, but evidently now the base loves when someone says we are the most immoral or evil country in the world these days. Evidently Russia is the the shining city on the hill and we are the forces of evil.

Can't wait for the Hollywood movies in which we are the Nazis or the Russians. Gonna be great for our children.

Matt

Reaction score
He was referring to the evil or immoral things being promoted as normal. Abortion, same sex marriage, boys showering in the girls locker room if they think they are a girl. You know Evan, just good ole American values that your kids get every day in school. Is that good for them ?

Evan

Reaction score
He was referring to the evil or immoral things being promoted as normal. Abortion, same sex marriage, boys showering in the girls locker room if they think they are a girl. You know Evan, just good ole American values that your kids get every day in school. Is that good for them ?

I'm confused. My daughter doesn't hear any of that. But she hears our President say locker room talk is OK and all the other repugnant language and beliefs that come out of his mouth.

And Moore said what I said he did. He believes the US is evil because the Supreme Court ruled gay people can marry. Somehow I think God cares a lot more about the innocent unborn, and you and Moore both support a guy who was always pro-abortion, and a person that has DONE NOTHING to restrict or reduce abortion despite having a solid majority in Congress and the ability to write Executive Orders. He's been too busy with Mika's face-lift.

Not a single Trump supporter can ever make a moral argument as they elevated an immoral, unprincipled hack to the office that massively influences society and our children. The same people that said Clinton lying or having sex in the Oval Office are fine with Trump's character, immoral actions and beliefs and completely ignore Trump's habitual lies. It is so habitual, in fact, that he lies way more often than he speaks the truth.

You go and vote for Roy if you want. You and a lot of others are going to very chastened when this experiment is over. Don't say I didn't warn you. I warned everyone about Bentley and I've heard few "oopses" from those that voted for him. People can do what they want. I'm going to stick to principle.

Arcadia

Reaction score
I'm confused. My daughter doesn't hear any of that. But she hears our President say locker room talk is OK and all the other repugnant language and beliefs that come out of his mouth.

And Moore said what I said he did. He believes the US is evil because the Supreme Court ruled gay people can marry. Somehow I think God cares a lot more about the innocent unborn, and you and Moore both support a guy who was always pro-abortion, and a person that has DONE NOTHING to restrict or reduce abortion despite having a solid majority in Congress and the ability to write Executive Orders. He's been too busy with Mika's face-lift.

Not a single Trump supporter can ever make a moral argument as they elevated an immoral, unprincipled hack to the office that massively influences society and our children. The same people that said Clinton lying or having sex in the Oval Office are fine with Trump's character, immoral actions and beliefs and completely ignore Trump's habitual lies. It is so habitual, in fact, that he lies way more often than he speaks the truth.

You go and vote for Roy if you want. You and a lot of others are going to very chastened when this experiment is over. Don't say I didn't warn you. I warned everyone about Bentley and I've heard few "oopses" from those that voted for him. People can do what they want. I'm going to stick to principle.

I'm going to repeat that slowly since this is the fabric of my disdain of this past election cycle and why electing Trump was an experiment too costly. "Not a single Trump supporter can ever make a moral argument as they elevated an immoral, unprincipled hack to the office that massively influences society and our children." In other words, sometimes when you win, you lose, and what you lose is more than an election. You lose credibility. I daresay losing your credibility has longer lasting effects than an election. When you defend in one person what you say you despise in another, then you've lost. I can't beat this drum loud enough.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Tomorrow's election is the first big statewide election or national election that I will not participate in. I don't support any of the candidates. I don't care who wins, they look all the same to me. If one Repub candidate could run an add that didn't mention how they love Trump more than their opponents, I would definitely consider voting for them, but the polling demographics in Alabama must be telling them to stick their nose as far up Trump's behind as they can no matter how bad it smells. If there was a Dem that was pro life, I would consider them too but that ain't happening. Anybody else feel this way or is everybody voting?

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Moore and Big Luther in the runoff. Doug Jones with a big lead for the Dems. If I was a Dem I would have voted for RFK Jr. and I'm surprised he didn't make a better showing but he is black and this is Alabama. Maybe he will come on strong late

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Mo with some not so subtle digs at Big Luther in his concession speech

Derek00

Reaction score
I know the whole South Park thing of "Douche vs. Turd Sandwich" has been ran into the ground, but there's never been a more perfect example of that than Luther Strange vs. Roy Moore.

Logo 468x120
Back