• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

April 2018 Discussion

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of comparing events. There's also a lot of time for things to change and outbreaks are made or broken in the little details, but synoptically it looks set up for something bad.
Right, there will be changes and there are a lot of unknowns. The overall pattern looks like a high end event but exactly where things end up and how bad it will be is impossible to know at this point.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Chilly day on tap for tomorrow with a forecast high of only 46 and a down right cold night with a low of 29. Really strange weather for April.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I just sat watching a mid afternoon soccer game in Alabama on April 7 with sleet bouncing off of me. Crazy weather.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know what the coldest max temperature for April 7 in MSL and HSV are?

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
April 4th is #SafePlaceSelfie day! In conjunction with NOAA, NWS and other Weather-Ready Ambassadors, we are using our social media accounts to ask everyone to post a picture of them in their severe weather safe place. If you want to participate just use Twitter or Facebook and be sure to add the #SafePlaceSelfie hashtag (and tag us too @TalkWeatherNow) While you are in your safe place (if you weren't last night) be sure to take a look around and consider re-stocking or creating an emergency supply kit with the essential items you would need after a storm.
Late to the game but since I live on the third floor of an apartment, my #SafePlaceSelfie is in the car.
3O5XpDV.jpg

Thanks Wes for the rad hat!

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It sucks but I will take this over the months of July & August any and every day.
I'm in Michigan where it's 20 degrees right now and I would take 100 degrees every day for the rest of my life to escape this.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
It sucks but I will take this over the months of July & August any and every day.

July and August (Especially with a good strong post-sunset MCS moving in from the NW with lots of lightning) are two months I'm a fan of.

I don't know what it is, but these cold, gray, nasty, dreary days always put me into a funk. It's why I hate January and especially February with a burning passion. I couldn't live up north where the winter weather consists of this almost every day.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Nevermind.... I was thinking today might set a record low high temp for this afternoon with the temps in the 30s but I forgot it was still in the lower 50s just after midnight.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
July and August (Especially with a good strong post-sunset MCS moving in from the NW with lots of lightning) are two months I'm a fan of.

I don't know what it is, but these cold, gray, nasty, dreary days always put me into a funk. It's why I hate January and especially February with a burning passion. I couldn't live up north where the winter weather consists of this almost every day.

Give me what we had Thursday(I think it was) - 30's at night, 60's and sunshine in the daytime. I'll take it 12 months a year and never complain.

Back