• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2026 Atlantic Hurricane Season

Inactivity doesn't correlate to weak storms, just a quick tidbit I'd like to get out there in general, not a statement directed towards anybody. It only takes one.


There is good ingredients if this is to be the only landfall in the US this year and it can very well be pretty notable. Watch this one.
100% , I'm not sure we want to think about what an untapped Gulf can do after the entire summer of heating up. We just have to hope that the shear remains strong enough to limit it. This one seems like it probably has just about every potential outcome that it could have, everything from the sheer ripping it apart completely to a real monster. Anybody see any limiting factors other than the shear?

I note with interest that the ECMWF is still very much unimpressed.
 
Last edited:
100% , I'm not sure we want to think about what an untapped Gulf can do after the entire summer of heating up. We just have to hope that the shear remains strong enough to limit it. This one seems like it probably has just about every potential outcome that it could have, everything from the sheer ripping it apart completely to a real monster. Anybody see any limiting factors other than the shear?
Maybe dry air, but I haven't heard any discussion on that. Depends on the physical size of the system too, if it's a smaller storm I imagine it'll be easier for it to wrap itself up given the absurd heat content (barring shear feasting on it more easily because of that).
 
Maybe dry air, but I haven't heard any discussion on that. Depends on the physical size of the system too, if it's a smaller storm I imagine it'll be easier for it to wrap itself up given the absurd heat content (barring shear feasting on it more easily because of that).
Good point. There's certainly not a shortage of continental dry air for it to suck in, although all the moisture that we got from those Pacific systems is probably going to mitigate that somewhat.
 
I'm sure there will be some interaction with 92E, but I'm not meteorologically advanced enough to understand how.
 
Once we get into a more concrete range do yall think a severe thread should be made for the system? If the system mirrors what the gfs shows i would think inland spin ups will be a issue.
Not yet. Imo, I think that the tornado threat can be mixed in if the system gets its own thread. Milton and Beryl got this treatment to my knowledge.
 
Back
Top