• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2021 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

‘I just want to find 11,780 votes’: In extraordinary hour-long call, Trump pressures Georgia secretary of state to recalculate the vote in his favor​

I just can't believe he would have this type of call... part of me is like this must be a prank but then part of me is not shocked anymore. I don't blame the Georgia Secretary of State for releasing the call at all.

Evan

Reaction score
Trump and his minions have turned the Repub party into a dumpster fire

A good chunk of the party base and its leadership apparatus went along with nearly all of Trump's whims and power plays. They have encouraged the President to violate the Constitution, and they themselves have also directly supported Unconstitutional actions and measures.

I'm glad to see Romney, Liz Cheney, Paul Ryan, Chip Roy, Thomas Massie, and several GOP Senators issue statements and condemn what has taken place over the last few days, but it is simply not enough. The GOP is dead to me. Everything I feared about the know-nothing Palin wing of the GOP seizing power has now come to pass.

By no means am I comparing the two, but if people ever wondered how the Vichy came to collaborate with the Nazis, or how the Nazis got so many "good" Germans to engage in reprehensible behavior, the answer is before our eyes. It wasn't some unique mix of cultural factors -- it's the flawed human beings we all are. It's why the Founders setup our government to have checks and balances, and why the Constitution was setup to try to prevent naked power grabs by ambitious politicians and the like.

Our system is being tested like never before. I have no sympathy for the Kevin McCarthys, Tubervilles, or Mo Brooks of the world. They are lying scoundrels, cheats, and complete hypocrites. They deserve to be remembered in the history books as absolute fools, cons, and charlatans.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
The Senate races are very close in GA and will probably go to the wire... either way...

Repubs win GA... Trump..”See I told you my election was stolen”

Dems win GA.. Trump.. “See I told you they would steal these elections too”

Jacob

Reaction score
The Senate races are very close in GA and will probably go to the wire... either way...

Repubs win GA... Trump..”See I told you my election was stolen”

Dems win GA.. Trump.. “See I told you they would steal these elections too”

Looks wrapped up for both Dems to me.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Looks wrapped up for both Dems to me.
It does. We will likely know for sure tomorrow.
The democrats have been claiming they can fix Covid within months. They certainly won’t be able to claim “obstructionist republicans” stopped them if the numbers hold.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Another close race, looks like the democrats will squeak it out.

Jacob

Reaction score
With last night's results, the most powerful senator in Washington this morning is Joe Manchin.

Jacob

Reaction score
So, protestors have taken control of the Capital.

Is it too morbid to say I wish that the police/national guard would make an announcement that they have 20 minutes to clear the grounds, or they'll be declared enemies of the USA and taken out in body bags?

Though I recognize that would only fire up the crazy far fringe even worse.

Edit: OK probably too morbid. I just abhor rioting, and as much as I can't stand Washington, it's the last place this should be allowed to happen.

Last edited:

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I don't know how they can clear this. It's insanity.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
GEEEEZ I never thought I would see anything like this. THIS IS INSANE!

Virginia sending assistance to the Capitol.

Somewhat telling story of two messages.... who is the real leader here.

And he turned on Pence....

Last edited:

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I hope that during all that chaos someone on the Senate staff secured those electoral college letters.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I've seen pictures of people taking pictures of documents and in some cases taking papers.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Sen. Tammy Duckworth of Illinois just told CBS News that the certified documents were secured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back