• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan

Reaction score
Oh but that is the way we have always done it is a lame story. Sorry to Bust your bubble but Under Federal Law this is the process. Until then President-Elect is just a made up title.

January 6, 2021: Joint Session of Congress to Count Electoral Votes and Declare Election Results Meets On January 6, or another date set by law, the Senate and House of Representatives assemble at 1:00 p.m. in a joint session at the Capitol, in the House chamber, to count the electoral votes and declare the results (3 U.S.C. §15). The Vice President presides as President of the Senate. The Vice President opens the certificates and presents them to four tellers, two from each chamber. The tellers read and make a list of the returns. When the votes have been ascertained and counted, the tellers transmit them to the Vice President. If one of the tickets has received a majority of 270 or more electoral votes, the Vice President announces the results, which “shall be deemed a sufficient declaration of the persons, if any, elected President and Vice President.”

Jay, have you always had difficulty admitting when you or your team loses in a blowout? Seems to be a lot of sour grapes coming from you on this very narrow topic. Come on, you can say it: President-elect Biden! If that's too much of a mouthful, don't worry. He'll soon be sworn in as your President, and then you won't have to worry about that -elect part tripping you up.

If it's just a made-up title, why did Trump immediately begin using it after election night back in 2016? Rules for thee but not for me?

Surely you realize no one cares about the technical process itself, right? Everyone knows that Trump himself has virtually zero knowledge of how these processes work or how the government functions. He was still confusing what "bills" are versus Executive Orders just a few months back. Our state just elected someone who doesn't even know what the 3 branches of government are. I don't think the people of Alabama care very much about the technical processes or details of our system of government.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Jay, have you always had difficulty admitting when you or your team loses in a blowout? Seems to be a lot of sour grapes coming from you on this very narrow topic. Come on, you can say it: President-elect Biden! If that's too much of a mouthful, don't worry. He'll soon be sworn in as your President, and then you won't have to worry about that -elect part tripping you up.

If it's just a made-up title, why did Trump immediately begin using it after election night back in 2016? Rules for thee but not for me?

Surely you realize no one cares about the technical process itself, right? Everyone knows that Trump himself has virtually zero knowledge of how these processes work or how the government functions. He was still confusing what "bills" are versus Executive Orders just a few months back. Our state just elected someone who doesn't even know what the 3 branches of government are. I don't think the people of Alabama care very much about the technical processes or details of our system of government.

And Again for those who do not read my posts. I have said time and time again. In fact go back and look at my posts.

WILL CAPITAL LETTERS HELP? BIDEN IS MORE THAN LIKELY OUR 46 PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. BUT LET THE PROCESS CARRY OUT. LET THE INVESTIGATION DETERMINE IF THERE IS ANYTHING ABNORMAL. IF NOT THEN BIDEN IS OUR PRESIDENT. IT COULD EVEN BE THAT IN THE INVESTIGATION AND FINDING OF IRREGULARITIES THAT REGARDLESS BIDEN STILL WON.

DID I SAY IT CLEAR ENOUGH? MAYBE I CAN GET BIGGER.

BIDEN MAY VERY WELL BE THE 46th PRESIDENT OF THESE UNITED STATES. GOT THE PICTURE YET? NO? Ok well Go read Matthew 15 then and leave me alone. DONE WITH THE TOPIC UNTIL January 21st.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
LOL I am just going to shake my head at this. I have said all along, that Biden is very possibly our next president. All I have heard from you folks for the past 4 years is let the investigation play out. Until it is an investigation that goes against you. Then its oh why is he pushing this. You all are so darn hypocritical you make my head hurt.
I have no problem with them investigating. All it does is continue to highlight the idiocy of Trump and his followers. It’s providing me with a significant source of entertainment. I hope it goes on for a long time - I enjoy laughing at stupidity.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I have no problem with them investigating. All it does is continue to highlight the idiocy of Trump and his followers. It’s providing me with a significant source of entertainment. I hope it goes on for a long time - I enjoy laughing at stupidity.
I enjoy laughing at your Hypocrisy.

Evan

Reaction score
LOL I am just going to shake my head at this. I have said all along, that Biden is very possibly our next president. All I have heard from you folks for the past 4 years is let the investigation play out. Until it is an investigation that goes against you. Then its oh why is he pushing this. You all are so darn hypocritical you make my head hurt.

What investigation are you referring to? Can you show me which governmental agency or unit (fed, state, or local) is conducting an investigation? I'm not aware of any investigation being conducted at any level by any official government entity outside of the usual cursory investigations done after every election (like pursuing double-voting in Georgia).

Maybe I missed the announcement. Is there some official investigation I'm not aware of?

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
I enjoy laughing at your Hypocrisy.
Show me where I’ve been hypocritical. Find two of my posts that you believe are hypocritical. Show everyone reading this forum just how hypocritical I am. Highlight it for the world to see. Or don’t and just show everyone that, much like the election claims, it’s just blabber with no proof.

Evan

Reaction score
And Again for those who do not read my posts. I have said time and time again. In fact go back and look at my posts.

WILL CAPITAL LETTERS HELP? BIDEN IS MORE THAN LIKELY OUR 46 PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. BUT LET THE PROCESS CARRY OUT. LET THE INVESTIGATION DETERMINE IF THERE IS ANYTHING ABNORMAL. IF NOT THEN BIDEN IS OUR PRESIDENT. IT COULD EVEN BE THAT IN THE INVESTIGATION AND FINDING OF IRREGULARITIES THAT REGARDLESS BIDEN STILL WON.

DID I SAY IT CLEAR ENOUGH? MAYBE I CAN GET BIGGER.

BIDEN MAY VERY WELL BE THE 46th PRESIDENT OF THESE UNITED STATES. GOT THE PICTURE YET? NO? Ok well Go read Matthew 15 then and leave me alone. DONE WITH THE TOPIC UNTIL January 21st.

What investigation are you referring to? You keep talking about "the investigation" and there's absolutely no measurable investigation being conducted by any official authority or governmental agency.

Evan

Reaction score
That isn't new information, and all of the "Main Stream Media Outlets" covered it way back when it actually happened. This claim has already been addressed. It could be that justthenews.com is pandering to its base.

It's a site run by John Solomon and Sharyl Attkisson, so that's really all anyone needs to know. Same John Solomon who was forced out at the Hill and had all of his supposed fact-based journalism labeled as "opinion" by the Hill to prevent them from being successfully sued for libel.

It later came out that Solomon's "sources" are identical to the ones Rudi Giuliani has been using. Meaning, they've both been getting "tips and evidence" from known serial fabulists, Russian intelligence officers, and corrupt Ukrainian officials who are controlled as assets by Russia.

I'm sure you probably already know all of this but I'm just laying it out there for the crowd. It's truly sad to see people like Solomon who hate our country and freedom so much that they're willing to setup websites full of laundered disinformation just to try to score a political victory or confuse someone like Jay (who I believe is sincere in his beliefs).

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot find anything on this. Would you care to enlighten us please.
A friend of mine who is pretty politically aware mentioned talked about this earlier today and he also mentioned Tubby's faux pas on the 3 branches of gov't. It came out of an interview Tub had with the Alabama Daily News

From the article:
TCS: You gonna go campaign in Georgia, help them out?

CTT: Oh, yeah. I’ll go over there at least a week or two and campaign myself, along with a lot of people in my former campaign staff. We’re raising money for them, the whole caucus is. You know, I had my first caucus meeting yesterday and Vice President Pence was there and spoke to us about the next two months. I got to get up and introduce myself and tell everybody, you know, why I’m here and what I want to try to get done. It was very good, had a lot of good reception. Of course, setting up an office to work. Right now, it’s a temporary office. Now, it is five rooms, it’s huge, there in the Dirksen Building. But it’s something that gives you somewhere to work out of, whether it’s interviewing, whether it’s fundraising like we’ll do for Georgia. It gives you a place to work. So, anyway, I got it up and running and I got a couple on my transition team that are going to be on my staff at some level once we get this thing going full speed. But they’re all setting it up. I’m back in Auburn today and I’ll be back there most of next week handling all the major interviews for the top-tier positions.

It's illegal for someone to use their personal Senate office for political fundraising.

"General Prohibitions

Senate resources may only be used for official purposes. The General Appropriations statute, 31 U.S.C § 1301, provides that official funds are to be used only for the purposes for which they were appropriated. No official resources may be used to conduct campaign activities.
In addition to this general prohibition, there are several criminal statutes that impose additional restrictions on campaign activities by Senate Members and staff:
• No Campaign Activity in a Federal Building
Senate Members and staff may not receive or solicit campaign contributions in any federal building. When a Senate office receives an unsolicited campaign contribution, either through the mail or in person, the office may accept the misdirected contribution and forward it within seven days of receipt to the appropriate campaign organization. The contribution should be given to the Political Fund Designee to forward to the campaign or the office may provide the constituent with a campaign-purchased envelope and stamp to mail the contribution to the campaign. The Committee has advised, however, that unsolicited contributions delivered or mailed to the Senate office should not be accepted if there is any indication of a connection between the contribution and official business. The Committee has also advised that the office should exercise special care in cases when the individual tendering a campaign contribution has official business to conduct in the office. If this is the case, to avoid even the appearance of any connection between official Senate activities and the receipt of campaign contributions, it is advisable that the office not accept the contribution and emphasize that the Senate office is not connected with the campaign and that the provision of Senate services is unrelated to any campaign contributions. 18 U.S.C § 607."

I don't think Tubberville is intentionally doing something illegal.. I just think he is ignorant and doesn't know anything about the position he's been elected to and is clueless

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
??? I made no statement regarding an investigation or voter fraud at all in that post.
Just because I accept the results of the election that the Department of Homeland Security said was the "most secure in American history" and you do not, doesn't make me a hypocrite. It makes my opinion different than yours.
I stated just the other day in a post directed at you that I support investigating voter fraud, so I don't understand why you're outraged at something your fabricating.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I am literally not responding to anything political until after the new year. Otherwise, you are talking to yourselves. Last Statement: I was asking about how Tuberville was doing something illegal. I saw the flub and that was stupid. I hope he does better in office and if he doesn't, Out he goes. I have said that once already. I do not believe he was doing something illegal and there was not a single news story about Tuberville or anyone else using Senate funds for campaigning. He hasn't even been sworn in yet. See you all on weather side for conversations that matter. We are all stuck in our ways here and you or me saying anything is not going to change anyone's mind. We are all stubborn.

Last edited:

gangstonc

Reaction score
I am literally not responding to anything political until after the new year. Otherwise, you are talking to yourselves. Last Statement: I was asking about how Tuberville was doing something illegal. I saw the flub and that was stupid. I hope he does better in office and if he doesn't, Out he goes. I have said that once already. I do not believe he was doing something illegal and there was not a single news story about Tuberville or anyone else using Senate funds for campaigning. He hasn't even been sworn in yet. See you all on weather side for conversations that matter. We are all stuck in our ways here and you or me saying anything is not going to change anyone's mind. We are all stubborn.
I’ve changed my mind many times on here. I’ve been proven wrong on here many times.

I do realize that when talking to you, I might as well be talking to myself, but it’s still fun.

Reactions: KoD

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting take on the Electoral College, the Recount and what could happen.

I've spent way more time than I want to admit watching NewsMaxTV (because I don't have cable TV). Initially I had no impression of the network whatsoever, but after ten minutes I heard naked right-winged propaganda, no attempt at masking their bias (like the big media places attempt to do) and it was filled with outrageously opinionated filth. Now I turn it on when I have house chores to do as an incentive to change the channel when I'm finished.
You might as well be linking a clip from the Portland Pot Producers Association discussing the dangers of marijuana. They're not remotely trustworthy, knowledgeable and have only one horse in the game.. NewsMaxTV's horse has a long tie and a MAGA hat.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
The United States Presidency is like a relay race, HW to Clinton, Clinton to Bush, Bush to Obama, Obama to Trump. It's sad that our president is delaying the hand off of the presidential baton to Biden. It only hurts the American people when you look at the big picture.

I think that the traditional decorum past presidents have shown to their successor will be standing at the cliffs edge as early as next spring. If Trump goes all-in disparaging Biden in 2021 it will cement my opinion of him as one of the most unempathetic narcissistic and dividing presidents to ever grace the White House of this great country.
If we can get through this, then our ancestors have truly made a remarkable unity of states.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I have friends who believe OANN and Newsmax are the only legitimate sources of news available now after Fox has turned left of center (according to them)

Notice even California voted for Trump when the map is shown

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

Evan

Reaction score
These people...they need serious help. They truly do.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Several of my conservative right wing friends still believe Trump's legal teams will prove election fraud in the court system and that the results will be overturned and DJT will remain the president for 4 more years. These people get their facts from Newsmax and OAN and believe every word that is broadcast on those stations

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Several of my conservative right wing friends still believe Trump's legal teams will prove election fraud in the court system and that the results will be overturned and DJT will remain the president for 4 more years. These people get their facts from Newsmax and OAN and believe every word that is broadcast on those stations
Sounds like you need to reevaluate your friend selection process. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back