• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Bill Barr is using the DOJ to try to put his thumb on the scale and influence our election. Unprecedented.

If people are not aware of what I'm referring to, look up the Pennsylvania ballot scandal. Trump knew about it this morning long before the DOJ press release. Why would that happen unless Barr is playing a dangerous game.
The simple fact that they said it was votes for a Trump is very telling.

Evan

Reaction score
I found this to be an interesting and quite accurate thread. I think it perfectly encapsulates the way the President distorts and manipulates the truth.

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Reactions: KoD

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score

Evan

Reaction score
This is quite wild...

Trump's 2020 campaign manager who was replaced after the Tulsa rally, Brad Parscale, barricaded himself in his home with a gun. The police were able to get him out somehow and then had him involuntarily committed to a mental institute under Florida's Baker Act.

• Sad

gangstonc

Reaction score
This is quite wild...

Trump's 2020 campaign manager who was replaced after the Tulsa rally, Brad Parscale, barricaded himself in his home with a gun. The police were able to get him out somehow and then had him involuntarily committed to a mental institute under Florida's Baker Act.

I know he has to have been under tremendous stress. I hope he is ok.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Federal income taxes paid (jointly with spouse)

Joe Biden - $3,742,974 (2017)
Kamala Harris - $516,469 (2017)
Mike Pence - $8,956 (2015)
Donald Trump - $750 (2017)

Evan

Reaction score
I know he has to have been under tremendous stress. I hope he is ok.

Absolutely. People should have compassion and empathy for anyone going through such an event.

Never want to see anyone go through something like that. It's a really rough thing especially since mental illness in this country is still seen as a major societal negative. There's a ton of stigma and ridicule attached -- something most people would reject if it were aimed at someone with a physical condition or disease.

Evan

Reaction score
Trump and Rudi Giuliani claiming that Biden is on drugs and/or has dementia is truly one of the best examples of the pot calling the kettle black I've seen in nearly 40 years on this planet.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Trump can't stop talking... This is a wreck of a debate so far.

Evan

Reaction score
What an embarrassment for our country.

Evan

Reaction score
Trump clearly had a mask in his pocket as a prop. Absolutely insane that he then begins to attack Biden for wearing a mask. He simply won't recommend that the American people do what experts and studies show is one of the most effective ways to control the spread of COVID.

Evan

Reaction score
Trump is such a child. I cannot watch this anymore. It's not a debate. It a psychopathic lunatic ranting.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Biden served Trump a softball when he refused to speak out against packing the court and ending the filibuster and Trump couldn't do anything with it. It should have been the theme of the night.

Evan

Reaction score
Realistically, neither of these men should be President. But one of them is going to be. Listen to your conscience. Who do you think it should be? Who is willing to do the most for you and your family? Who is willing to have empathy for you and your fellow man? Who is most opposed to a divided America and extremist politics? Who has the greatest chance of uniting our people again -- or at least turning down the temperature?

I'm not making a recommendation. I'm asking everyone to ask themselves that question. Your answer may vary. That's OK. Just be honest with yourself. Who will best do those things over the next four years?

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
That was probably the worst debate I've ever seen. The moderator couldn't manage the situation (which is a bummer because I like Chris Wallace) and there was pretty much no substance with all the ranting and interruptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back