• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Tuberville is what you get if you elect your Facebook feed to be your Senator

Kory

Reaction score
Y'all need to shut up! Tuberville loves Trump, and that's what matters!
Tuberville loves Trump, but I think Trump loves Lou Saban, the great coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide, much more. Such a fantastic guy! Tremendous coach!

Ol’ Ears just holding up how many losses Auburn had that season (this was prior to the 2008 Iron bowl).

1594745544907.jpeg

Evan

Reaction score
Lowest. Common. Denominator.

Shocked a state that put Roy Moore on the ballot does it again with another doozy a second time!

Additionally, Trump owns this entire situation. Going to be funny if Trump blows two consecutive Senate races in one of the reddest states there is all because of his ego.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Well, Huntsville, Madison City, and Madison County schools are going against the wishes of Trump and beginning school in a remote-only scenario. All 3 school districts are united on this. Interesting to see a Republican area prioritize the safety of their children and staff above the desires of the President.

Jacob

Reaction score
Well, Huntsville, Madison City, and Madison County schools are going against the wishes of Trump and beginning school in a remote-only scenario. All 3 school districts are united on this. Interesting to see a Republican area prioritize the safety of their children and staff above the desires of the President.

Going remote may be in the best interest of the teachers (or teacher’s unions), but it isn’t in the best interests of the students.

*this opinion has nothing to do with what Trump says/does

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Going remote may be in the best interest of the teachers (or teacher’s unions), but it isn’t in the best interests of the students.

*this opinion has nothing to do with what Trump says/does
I agree, as I believe there are benefits gained from in-person teaching as well as social interaction. However, it is worth noting that it might also be in the best interest of the grandparents. Some would argue to just keep the kids away from the elderly, but most grandparents would consider being banned from their grandchildren for 10 consecutive months to be a fate worse than death.

By the way, I really struggled with whether to put the previous post in the political thread or the covid thread.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
By the way, I really struggled with whether to put the previous post in the political thread or the covid thread.

I've had that same dilemma a couple of times.

Kory

Reaction score
Are we sure they do? I mean, high school athletics can continue...including contact sports. I’m told it’s literally murder to send kids into a class room, distanced with masks, but dozens of them can congregate on a football field, crash into each other while heavily breathing, and fight over a football. Alabama determining its a significant public health risk enough to not have in person class, but in the same breath permit contact sports shows the absolute madness and continued contradictory response to a pandemic across this country.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Are we sure they do? I mean, high school athletics can continue...including contact sports. I’m told it’s literally murder to send kids into a class room, distanced with masks, but dozens of them can congregate on a football field, crash into each other while heavily breathing, and fight over a football. Alabama determining its a significant public health risk enough to not have in person class, but in the same breath permit contact sports shows the absolute madness and continued contradictory response to a pandemic across this country.
I agree with you regarding the athletics decision. However, the decision I mentioned was at the county and city level, whereas the football decision has been made at the state level. I think it will be interesting to see if any of the individual school districts decline to participate. I won't be surprised if all of the school systems participate (highlighting the hypocrisy you've brought up). Given the consolidated front that our local school systems have presented (Huntsville City, Madison City, and Madison County all going virtual in the name of student and staff safety), I will be extremely intrigued to see how they respond.

Evan

Reaction score
How do you even respond to something like this?

If he believes the rule was ineffective or created unnecessary bureaucratic red-tape then say that. But, that's not what he said...

Jacob

Reaction score
How do you even respond to something like this?

If he believes the rule was ineffective or created unnecessary bureaucratic red-tape then say that. But, that's not what he said...

What am I missing here Evan?

skelly

Reaction score
If you live in a neighborhood of single family units and you like it that way then you must be a racist...even though plenty of people of all races aspire to live in such neighborhoods. It was never going to affect Obama’s or any other politician’s gated community though.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Woah...
Former GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain dies at 74
ATLANTA (AP) — Herman Cain, former Republican presidential candidate and former CEO of a major pizza chain who went on to become an ardent supporter of President Donald Trump, has died of complications from the coronavirus. He was 74.

Arcadia

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back