• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I wonder if there was anything going on nationwide about 2-3 weeks ago that could have contributed to the spike in COVID-19 cases? Certainly the media would not ignore anything obvious, would they?

gangstonc

Reaction score
I wonder if there was anything going on nationwide about 2-3 weeks ago that could have contributed to the spike in COVID-19 cases? Certainly the media would not ignore anything obvious, would they?
The cities that have seen the biggest spikes weren’t the sites of protests. The numbers don’t back that up.
It seems to be more of an issue of people congregating indoors in bars, restaurants, etc.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Russians putting a bounty on our troops! I’m sure the response will be swift and powerful.

never mind. He found out about it in March and then tried to get Russia readmitted into the G7.
Press Sec says POTUS wasn’t briefed on this. Something is broken somewhere.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The cities that have seen the biggest spikes weren’t the sites of protests. The numbers don’t back that up.
It seems to be more of an issue of people congregating indoors in bars, restaurants, etc.

Were there no protests in Los Angeles?

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Press Sec says POTUS wasn’t briefed on this. Something is broken somewhere.

Its ridiculous to think that another country put a bounty on our troops and Trump ignored it.

I'd need actual video of the briefing to ever believe that.

skelly

Reaction score
Most cities had protests many were peaceful and didn’t make the news but I’m sure the virus didn’t discriminate.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Were there no protests in Los Angeles?
There were, and I’m sure they contributed, but the locations of the cases show a far larger number came from cities where protests weren’t large. Also, many of the cases have been traced to indoor events i mentioned before.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Its ridiculous to think that another country put a bounty on our troops and Trump ignored it.

It’s also ridiculous to think something of that nature wouldn’t make it into a briefing. There is a long way to go in this story. something is messed up somewhere.

The UK has confirmed the intelligence.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score

You make sense unless that country was Russia... oh wait

gangstonc

Reaction score
DNI Radcliffe says trump and Pence weren’t briefed on this. Shouldn’t there be firings and resignations? That’s a pretty big thing to not tell the president about!
This entire thing is fishy.

Is it true the president is briefed every time we lose men in a war zone?

Also, the president retweeted a video of some of his supporters shouting “white power”.

Last edited:

gangstonc

Reaction score

Bolton is absolute scum. I can’t stand this guy.
Of course, it now seems extremely likely that Trump knew. The question is, was it actionable intelligence?

Jacob

Reaction score
So the Seattle mayor supported the CHAZ/CHOP joke until they marched on her house. Funny how that works.

gangstonc

Reaction score
“He knows I was under enormous pressure to turn on him. It would have eased my situation considerably. But I didn’t.”

Roger Stone wants his sentence commuted because he didn’t spill the beans on Trump.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
So some people are believing a game show host and a reality TV show host have a better handle on Covid-19 than a world renowned physician and immunologist who graduated first in his class from a prestigious Ivy League Med School and has served as Director of the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseased for over 30 yrs

gangstonc

Reaction score
So some people are believing a game show host and a reality TV show host have a better handle on Covid-19 than a world renowned physician and immunologist who graduated first in his class from a prestigious Ivy League Med School and has served as Director of the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseased for over 30 yrs
That’s because people only believe what they want to. It’s what won trump the presidency and why some people don’t see that he is dishonest.

Kory

Reaction score
Hopefully the people of this state are smart enough to send Tupperware packing today with his famous thumb up his rear.

I’m not very hopeful though. There’s a segment of voters in this state (as every state) that are possess the lowest common denominator when it comes to political involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back