• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I am saying that more than likely he was sent to look into the corruption but wasn't looking for dirt on Biden to use against him. Here is the mistake the Democrats made. If they thought Trump was going to use this against Biden during the campaign, the democrats should have waited until Trump used it during the campaign, then they would have had him in a slam dunk. Now honestly we do not know either way, because the left couldn't wait to try and take down Trump instead of letting him self destruct.

Nancy and Adam completed the job of taking Biden out of the presidential race and putting what looks like to be Trump vs Sanders in the 2020 election.
He has said many times the corruption was Hunter Biden. That’s not up for debate. The Dems made EVERY mistake available to them.

gangstonc

Reaction score
"The most effective way for an authoritarian leader to abuse the law is not by prosecuting the innocent, but by protecting the guilty." David Frum

Evan

Reaction score
Could've sworn just a couple weeks ago we were told Trump is very concerned about public corruption and that's why Joe and Hunter Biden needed to be investigated.

Fast forward to today and Trump commutes the sentence of Rod Blagojevich. It's almost as if Trump is a narcissistic, pathological liar.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Could've sworn just a couple weeks ago we were told Trump is very concerned about public corruption and that's why Joe and Hunter Biden needed to be investigated.

Fast forward to today and Trump commutes the sentence of Rod Blagojevich. It's almost as if Trump is a narcissistic, pathological liar.
If he was a narcissistic, pathological liar, he’d be the greatest, most impressive liar of all time that made incredible, amazing lies that most people didn’t even think were possible!

Evan

Reaction score
If he was a narcissistic, pathological liar, he’d be the greatest, most impressive liar of all time that made incredible, amazing lies that most people didn’t even think were possible!

Not my best writing or phrasing, TBH. Ironically, probably not a stretch to say Trump has probably thought or said that before yet in a decidedly unironic way.

I'm sure there's a better way to phrase it, but I piled on the additional adjective in that form because Trump's pathological lying is all predicted on his underlying narcissism. I think he commuted Blago's sentence for a number of reasons -- almost all of those reasons are directly related to, or derived from, his narcissism.

I used to think there were more complex motives behind Trump's behavior, but I've been convinced for awhile now that everything he does must be viewed through the prismatic world of an extremely insecure narcissist. The casual name-dropping, shameless lying, and compulsion to "double down" or "counter-punch" make complete sense when viewed through that prism.

A lot of Trump's behavior is seen as immature or childish, and I think that minimizes (intentional or not) the pathologies behind his poor impulse control. He's not going to grow out of it or ever make the long-awaited pivot. It is as much as part of his nature as the color of one's eyes.

A sizeable number of people think Trump's habitual lying and ridiculous braggadocio are part of some kind of central master plan predicated on relentlessly gas-lighting America until we're beaten/numbed into submission. Or, at least, until the very essence of what constitutes the truth becomes arbitrary and ill-defined. They're not that smart nor are they that organized. They couldn't execute such a plan if their life depended upon it.

There's no master plan. Trump isn't borrowing techniques from Mein Kampf or secretly channeling Goebbels. He's behaving like, and doing exactly what, an unconstrained narcissist would do when in a position of incredible power and prestige. That's not to downplay it -- it's just as harmful whether it comes from a systematic plan as it is coming from Trump's character and personality flaws. But, when correcting any major problem, understanding the root cause is preferable to simply treating the symptoms.

I've often wondered why, irrespective of political leanings, some people cannot tolerate Trump's behavior one bit while others effortlessly brush it aside like a stray hair on their forehead. Same goes as to why some people can spot a con a mile away while others are seen as easy marks. I don't really have an answer for either one. I just know that over-the-top boastfulness has always bothered me since I was a kid. Same goes for people who tell obvious lies or always stretch the truth even when discussing random frivolities or the most minute of subjects.

I'm sure I'm not saying anything that most people on this forum are not already aware of. Trump's narcissistic tendencies have been widely discussed in the media and online, but I think a lot of times it is easy to forget about how his narcissism drives every facet of who he is and what he does. Everything he does, he does it for Trump. If others benefit, that's great -- as long as he gets the credit and ultimately benefits the most. I don't think Trump's Presidency and behavior are anymore complicated than that basic truism.

Evan

Reaction score
I'm sure we could come up with a list with dozens of examples, but to me the Sharpie incident from last year will always be the most clear-cut and classic example of Trump's uncontrollable narcissism. It was egregiously self-serving and absurd -- even for Trump.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
What a feisty debate so far. Things are getting vicious!

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
So let me pose a hypothetical question to all of you following this thread. Say someone on the extreme left like Bernie or Warren emerges as the Dem nominee. Would a 3rd party ticket of Kasich/Buttigieg or Klobuchar or Gabbard get enough votes to have a viable chance? Would a ticket like that more than likely hurt the Dem candidate or the Trump? Would it even be feasible from a time standpoint to organize and get on the ballots in all the states?

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
So let me pose a hypothetical question to all of you following this thread. Say someone on the extreme left like Bernie or Warren emerges as the Dem nominee. Would a 3rd party ticket of Kasich/Buttigieg or Klobuchar or Gabbard get enough votes to have a viable chance? Would a ticket like that more than likely hurt the Dem candidate or the Trump? Would it even be feasible from a time standpoint to organize and get on the ballots in all the states?
IMO no. A strong third party candidate will guarantee a Trump win. Expect his camp to be working that angle.

Kory

Reaction score
Something I also find intriguing. Bernie’s disdain has now shifted from millionaires and billionaires to just billionaires. I bet it was just a change of heart and nothing to do with his income now!

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
So those on the Repub Right are calling out and condemning Bernie for his complementary comments about Castro but yet it's a good thing when Trump complements and buddies up with Kim Jong-un. Both dictators have imprisoned, tortured, and executed citizens that opposed them and wanted freedom. What's the difference?

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
all I know is I'm never buying another Garth Brooks album again! That pinko commie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back