• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Iran has flinched. Big time. They sent missiles they knew would miss their target. They realize there is a new sheriff in town.. Trump is kicking money maker and taking names. Y’all should be proud of your president!

gangstonc

Reaction score
Iran has flinched. Big time. They sent missiles they knew would miss their target. They realize there is a new sheriff in town.. Trump is kicking money maker and taking names. Y’all should be proud of your president!
I wouldn’t call a week in which we accidentally withdrew our troops from Iraq and got our bases attacked a win just yet. Let’s see how this plays out.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
So tell me how he has mistreated his family. If I’m not mistaken they love him. They all speak highly of him. And his business is successful! Give me a clue!
I think screwing around on your wives especially while they are pregnant with your child is mistreatment of your family... do you agree or is that cool with you? Also.. saying it's fine to call your own daughter a fine piece of a** and that you would like to date her if she wasn't your daughter is not a normal or healthy father-daughter relationship and speaks to his opinion of the value of a woman and family member

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Interesting Story. In a time when Tensions are high, somehow someway and earthquake hits near a Iranian Nuclear Power Plant. It was originally ruled a 5.5 earthquake. The odd part is, I usually get emails about earthquakes. This one didn't show up.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

So based Trump's address to the nation, it sounds like cooler heads have prevailed. No immediate military related response to Iran's attack. Sanctions are on the way but honestly not sure how much more we can sanction them. Trump calling on NATO to take a more active role in the Middle East as well. IMHO it sounded like he was backing down and saying we are the number one producer of oil and natural gas and we don't have a reason to fight here anymore. Which... kinda sounds like what Iran was saying last night.

Last edited:
Reaction score

So based Trump's address to the nation, it sounds like cooler heads have prevailed. No immediate military related response to Iran's attack. Sanctions are on the way but honestly not sure how much more we can sanction them. Trump calling on NATO to take a more active role in the Middle East as well. IMHO it sounded like he was backing down and saying we are the number one producer of oil and natural gas and we don't have a reason to fight here anymore. Which... kinda sounds like what Iran was saying last night.

Looks like the U.S. was given a heads up before the missile launch. Thus the”All is well” tweet. The past week has been a huge win for Trump. Iran realizes there’s is a new sheriff in town and it is not Barack Obama.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looks like the U.S. was given a heads up before the missile launch. Thus the”All is well” tweet. The past week has been a huge win for Trump. Iran realizes there’s is a new sheriff in town and it is not Barack Obama.
I'm afraid I don't understand your "yuge win for Trump" comment. As I just heard at the cafe next door, his supporters are mad he didn't shoot back. He is doing what the Iranians want him to do and get out of the Middle East and they STILL don't have anything keeping them from building a nuclear weapon. The only win he has is that they were smart enough to target sites that were vacant. Decourum prevents me from using the language that the older gentlemen were using at the next table but let's just say they weren't talking about a kitty cat.

Personally, I'm glad he didn't shoot back. I'm glad no lives were lost but I fear his public actions in starting this whole thing have damaged our reputation. As previously mentioned we have three letter alphabet agencies that should have been tasked with taking out the Iranian asset quietly but instead he went with the so-called nuclear option not expecting that Iran would actually do something. He has once again created a mess for us all. I'm so ready for President Pence.

gangstonc

Reaction score

Some of the republicans are angry. This is a good thing. I found it interesting that Fox News cut away before he was finished.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I think Evan had this figured out early in the game last night! Good job Evan!!

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Don't know about y'all but how is your 409K doing? Mine doesn't seem to be doing much under my kitchen sink. What am I doing wrong?!

1578581857115.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back