• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

2019 College Football Season

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Bet the over... doesn’t matter what the number is.

Last time these 2 coached versus one another, the score was 10-7. WSU won and Kiffin was fired on the tarmac. Orgeron took over. Now they're 43% of the SEC West.

Kory

Reaction score
Some serious structural problems with the new Bryant Denny Stadium additions. This past weekend steel beams that were “not properly secured during installation” broke free and seriously injured 2 workers. Now, construction is halted as investigators work on assessing the rest of the renovations for structural integrity.

Last edited:

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
C’mon Bama fans, weigh in on Cochran leaving. I want to know what y’all think the impact will be. He was always really hyped up, but I never could figure out exactly why - it’s hard to believe his approach to strength and conditioning was that different from others. I’m guessing you’ll stop playing his scream over the stadium speakers, though.

Kory

Reaction score
C’mon Bama fans, weigh in on Cochran leaving. I want to know what y’all think the impact will be. He was always really hyped up, but I never could figure out exactly why - it’s hard to believe his approach to strength and conditioning was that different from others. I’m guessing you’ll stop playing his scream over the stadium speakers, though.
He is on the Mount Rushmore of people who helped build the dynasty that is Alabama football under Nick Saban. He had a drive that got players going. No doubt, very important component to the Process. But something the last few seasons have unraveled. The injuries at key positions piling up during off season training...often repeating in oddly similar fashion. We’ve looked less physical on defense. Shane Lee chasing offensive players down from behind. Players looking gassed and getting pushed around on the LOS. I’m glad he’s done what he did while at Alabama but I think it’s good to get new blood in here. I’m very optimistic about the reports of Aaron Feld from Oregon is already in talks with Nick Saban.

This whole move to on the field coaching is a bizarre one though. One that screams that Kirby is doing anything to get a piece of Nick Saban’s staff. Because if you think of all the open coaching positions we’ve had...Cochran not being promoted should be a sign. But, hey, Kirby is doing his best imitation of Alabama. And imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

I will say though, it isn’t a good look for either Kirby or Scott to go about this hiring during the middle of Cochran’s own S&C program that is ongoing. I think that has soured many ties to Alabama football and Saban’s press release yesterday and then immediately telling Cochran to hit the road and clear his office seems like there was a bitter departure.

Kory

Reaction score
I don’t think we’ve played Cochran’s “Yeah yeah yeah!” over the loud speaker in the stadium since the 2016 or 2017 season.

Jacob

Reaction score

I think it would've been a much bigger deal 5-6 years ago than it is now. I don't know if it means something more is going on between him and Saban, or if Cochran just wanted to go a different route. Bama hasn't been nearly as physically imposing the last couple years as they were earlier in the decade. Don't know if S&C or recruiting had more to do with that.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'll just copy/paste my thoughts from elsewhere:

what other program that loses their S&C coach would be such big news? Is Cochran a loss? Of course. Would we rather him be in Tuscaloosa? Certainly. Is he the only good S&C coach in the country? No! There were likely a dozen or more S&C coaches contacting their agents Monday

To that I will add that the Oregon S&C coach has removed all mentions of the Ducks from his Twitter profile. Take that FWIW.

Back