• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

2019 College Football Season

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
College Football Playoff first rankings: 6: Georgia, 5: Clemson, 4: Penn State, 3: Alabama, 2: LSU, 1: Ohio State. All the SEC haters can celebrate, for now.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Loser of the LSU/Alabama all but certainly is out of the playoffs.

the only thing for certain is what we think is certain in college football at the first of November is not always certain by the first of December.

skelly

Reaction score
the only thing for certain is what we think is certain in college football at the first of November is not always certain by the first of December.

I could see a playoff without Alabama or LSU in it this year. Clemson will win out. Ohio State just as well should win out. Penn State will lose. Georgia should win out. I’m just an LSU skeptic. I can see them losing a late game they should win like A&M.

skelly

Reaction score
I like the talent on Alabama’s team but I’m not sold on their mental edge they need to have this year to beat LSU, Auburn and SEC championship.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
What a logistical nightmare this will be. 100k people plus, and mix in the secret service. no thanks.

(and save the political commentary for the political forum)

Whoever wins I'm sure he will take credit for the motivation behind the victory

Kory

Reaction score
UA is warning against “disruptive behavior” in Bryant Denny Stadium for Trump’s visit punishable by losing football attendance privileges.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
UA is warning against “disruptive behavior” in Bryant Denny Stadium for Trump’s visit punishable by losing football attendance privileges.
I guess that means no booing... not that I think that is a great idea but should be policing freedom of expression?

Kory

Reaction score
I guess that means no booing... not that I think that is a great idea but should be policing freedom of expression?
I was thinking more of blocking walkways in protest and fighting people who may boo/cheer for Trump. Either one of those should get anyone kicked out of the stadium as attendance is a privilege.

skelly

Reaction score
I was thinking more of blocking walkways in protest and fighting people who may boo/cheer for Trump. Either one of those should get anyone kicked out of the stadium as attendance is a privilege.
Yellow hammer news reports university officials were dealing with a lot of fights and disruptive behavior already this year and were warning that it was extra security cause of the visit, kind of we’re going to be on our best behavior or else kind of thing. I’ve heard it’s always worse with LSU games anyway so throw in any maga vs other groups then who knows. Maybe they won’t be too drunk by 2:30. I’m sure there going to offer a salute for veterans as well so there’s that. They prolly did more to help stir up the perfect storm by issuing anything. I think most of the fans and students will weather the atmosphere just fine no matter there political views most are going to be focused on football anyway despite all and if you want to get a ticket just to cheer or boo trump then good luck with that.

Kory

Reaction score
Yellow hammer news reports university officials were dealing with a lot of fights and disruptive behavior already this year and were warning that it was extra security cause of the visit, kind of we’re going to be on our best behavior or else kind of thing. I’ve heard it’s always worse with LSU games anyway so throw in any maga vs other groups then who knows. Maybe they won’t be too drunk by 2:30. I’m sure there going to offer a salute for veterans as well so there’s that. They prolly did more to help stir up the perfect storm by issuing anything. I think most of the fans and students will weather the atmosphere just fine no matter there political views most are going to be focused on football anyway despite all and if you want to get a ticket just to cheer or boo trump then good luck with that.
I saw so many fights on the quad during the 2011 game of the century. LSU fans just bring a presence that I do not care for.

Kory

Reaction score
That a confirmation or guess?
That is what I've heard per my source in gameday operations. Also heard the stadium will shut down all entrances when Trump enters the stadium and will conduct a sweep (could take up to an hour).

Kory

Reaction score
Essentially like Game of the Century in 2011.
It’s going to be a zoo.

From two live television broadcasts, a historical tailgating scene, a presidential visit … and the biggest football game in years, Tuscaloosa will be a scene all day Saturday.

Around 1,700 tents are expected on the quad -- up from the normal 900 to 1,000 for an SEC game and in the neighborhood of the LSU game eight years ago.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm going to watch this game happily away from all the ruckus!!
And I’m neeerrrrvvvous!!
Roll Tide!!

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Harvey Updyke called into The Paul Finebaum show today. I'm disappointed in Harvey's words (they were more than just trees) and for some of those Alabama fans in the background.

skelly

Reaction score
Harvey Updyke called into The Paul Finebaum show today. I'm disappointed in Harvey's words (they were more than just trees) and for some of those Alabama fans in the background.

I missed it but in the words of another infamous caller please, Paul, “Don’t take those calls!!”

Back