• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I also find it funny that he is an imminent danger to our country and the fair electoral process yet she is dragging feet with actually getting the process rolling forward. Crap or get off the pot, Nancy.
Yeah this stall tactic only will have legs for a few days at best before it is picked apart by both sides. Democrats are blood thirsty to just do something and Republicans are ready to just hammer the gavel and say he is fine. Surely there is more to this tactic than trying to get a few witnesses called.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I find it rather funny that Nancy Pelosi is worried about a fair impeachment trial in the Senate given the partisan vote that occurred in the House. Apparently partisan is "fair" if you have the majority but unfair if you are the minority.
I don’t see how the way people voting determines fairness at all. The evidence was the evidence. You could just as easily say it was unfair that none of the republicans were willing to consider what was in front of them.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Yeah this stall tactic only will have legs for a few days at best before it is picked apart by both sides. Democrats are blood thirsty to just do something and Republicans are ready to just hammer the gavel and say he is fine. Surely there is more to this tactic than trying to get a few witnesses called.
When there is this much of a spread in what is right, it’s going to take some negotiation. I think this will get pretty nasty.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
When there is this much of a spread in what is right, it’s going to take some negotiation. I think this will get pretty nasty.
Agreed

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Did Trump really call Christianity Today “far left?” Like what?

Are you asking a question, or making a statement? if you are making a statement, could you please include a link to somewhere to show us where you received this information?

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

I do not read Christianity Today so I cannot comment on the validity of his statement or not.

I will say there are some who call themselves Christians but do not follow what the Bible has set out for us.

Evan

Reaction score
I do not read Christianity Today so I cannot comment on the validity of his statement or not.

I will say there are some who call themselves Christians but do not follow what the Bible has set out for us.

I grew up Assemblies of God. Christianity Today was one of the magazines commonly featured in our church's lobby. CT is pro-life, rejects same-sex marriage, and presents a decidedly Conservative viewpoint -- both socially and politically.

Saying they are far left is akin to claiming National Review, the Blaze, or Townhall.com are far-left publications.

"I will say there are some who call themselves Christians but do not follow what the Bible has set out for us."

We agree. Ironically, the ones calling themselves Christians, while rejecting the word of God, are Trump and his supposedly Christian allies that are unquestionably bearing false witness by claiming Christianity Today is any way leftist. They're a Conservative religious publication. If one was inclined to stretch, it could be pointed out that they have allowed Center/Center-Right viewpoints to be published from time to time on a handful of polemics. That said, their editorial staff and editorials have always been unquestionably and firmly Conservative.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
A part of Franklin Graham’s response (on Facebook) to the Christianity Today article

2CB86167-8E09-4181-8883-A98E457B0891.jpeg

Kory

Reaction score
It’s amazing the media doesn’t freakin understand why a good portion of the population thinks they’re bottom feeding scum. Look no further than their smearing of those military cadets for days on end for playing a simple game on national television. Appalling and disgusting.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
This Article is from 2017, but it gives you a heads up on what the Democrat party wants to do. They were looking for any reason to Impeach a Republican President no matter who it is. Trump just happened to be the president. If Trump were to be removed from office (highly doubtful) then Mike Pence would take over. They already have plans to impeach him should he be sworn in as President of the United States.

One thing that bugs me. The investigation he asked about wasn't Joe Biden, but Hunter Biden. How would that have affected Joe Biden? Who already doesn't think Joe is Creepy and Corrupt? I stayed away all weekend to give the Impeachment time to settle and because if I would have responded on Thursday or Friday, it would have been out of anger at what I will call a sham given that no matter who was President of the United States, that if it were anything other than a Democrat, they would try to impeach them because it doesn't fit with their ideals.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
It would have affected Joe because it was his connections and influence that got Hunter the job.

Well if was above board, what does ole Joe have to worry about?

Evan

Reaction score
This Article is from 2017, but it gives you a heads up on what the Democrat party wants to do. They were looking for any reason to Impeach a Republican President no matter who it is. Trump just happened to be the president. If Trump were to be removed from office (highly doubtful) then Mike Pence would take over. They already have plans to impeach him should he be sworn in as President of the United States.

One thing that bugs me. The investigation he asked about wasn't Joe Biden, but Hunter Biden. How would that have affected Joe Biden? Who already doesn't think Joe is Creepy and Corrupt? I stayed away all weekend to give the Impeachment time to settle and because if I would have responded on Thursday or Friday, it would have been out of anger at what I will call a sham given that no matter who was President of the United States, that if it were anything other than a Democrat, they would try to impeach them because it doesn't fit with their ideals.

Could you point out when Ford, Reagan, George HW, or George W were impeached? I can't seem to find the dates.

Do you have substantiation for the claim I bolded? Or any details? Like, say, what they would impeach Pence for?

Finally, if Maxine Waters represents the official policy of the Democratic Party then I guess Steve King's policies and beliefs represent the official policy of the GOP?

Trump was impeached because he committed impeachable acts. There is significant evidence buttressed by multiple on-the-record sources that Nancy Pelosi never wanted to impeach Trump. She ended up being forced into it because of his behavior vis-a-vis Ukraine. Kind of weird the Democrats had a secret plan to impeach Trump and any other Republican yet the Speaker of the House and the Democratic Party's highest ranking official was completely against it.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Could you point out when Ford, Reagan, George HW, or George W were impeached? I can't seem to find the dates.

Do you have substantiation for the claim I bolded? Or any details? Like, say, what they would impeach Pence for?

Finally, if Maxine Waters represents the official policy of the Democratic Party then I guess Steve King's policies and beliefs represent the official policy of the GOP?

Trump was impeached because he committed impeachable acts. There is significant evidence buttressed by multiple on-the-record sources that Nancy Pelosi never wanted to impeach Trump. She ended up being forced into it because of his behavior vis-a-vis Ukraine. Kind of weird the Democrats had a secret plan to impeach Trump and any other Republican yet the Speaker of the House and the Democratic Party's highest ranking official was completely against it.

Ford, Reagan, HW, and GW were not impeached. Not sure where you get that from my post. They do not have anything to impeach Pence for. They do however have a want to impeach him because he doesn't fall in line with their ideals. Maxine Waters, was probably not supposed to say anything about it, but if you have watch Maxine Waters at all, she is an open faucet.

By the way, Technically Trump hasn't been impeached yet. The Articles of Impeachment have been passed, but until the House passes them on to the Senate, Trump isn't impeached.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

So I wanted to take this on via a separate message. If the Articles of Impeachment against Trump were passed because of the vis-a-vis, quid-pro-quo, this for that, or whatever other name you want to call it, why is that not listed in the Articles of Impeachment?

Article I Abuse of power.

Article 1 states he solicited interference of a foreign government in the 2020 election. But the investigation he talked about with the President of Ukraine was about Hunter Biden, not Joe. So what does that have to do with the current election? If you say it hurt the chances of Joe Biden being elected President, you might be right, but I think the Media posting the video of Joe telling how he held funds from Ukraine until they squashed the investigation of Hunter and the Gas company he worked for did more damage to Joe than Trump asking Ukraine to look into its own corruption.

Article II Obstruction of Congress.

Article II states that the President directed those who were issued subpoenas by the house of Representatives to ignore them.
OK You mean he asserted Executive Privilege? This is not unprecedented as stated but rather common place. There is a way to get around executive privilege and that is the Supreme Court. There are three branches for a reason. One to settle disputes between the other two. If the House wanted people to testify, yet the President used executive privilege, then the House should have gone to the Supreme Court. But why didn't they? Expediency would be my guess.

Article I may have some validity to it, however Even if Nancy sends the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate, I do not believe there will be enough evidence for them to convict nor remove him from office.

Article II is a sham.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
What is the original purpose and point of executive privilege? That's an honest question.

It seems to me that executive privilege is being used to diminish the ability of government to carry out checks and balances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back