• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Headlines !! Extra extra, read all about it!

I actually hope this keeps on going. After all the serious matters that have been brushed aside and forgotten, I hope something this ridiculous has the the biggest impact on his atrocious "leadership", constant stoking fear and resentment. There's no excuse for this childish behavior or the cave-in by a "noaa spokesperson". Everyone here knows that AL wasn't reasonably in play by September 1st.

In fact, I saved the NHC cone from the 30th of August which indicated the northward turn was likely going to occur before reaching the GOM
145103-5day-cone-no-line-and-wind.png

and the GFS solution from the 28th of August depicting September 2nd

gfs-mslp-pcpn-watl-19.png

Last edited:

Evan

Reaction score

How much you want to bet that Trump doesn't use all of his campaign donations this year and that they somehow find their way over to Trump Org or his personal accounts?

Evan

Reaction score
Some more reactions:

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Rewrite history... change the geographic borders of states and countries... turn known facts into your beliefs... all with the magical power of the Trump Sharpie!

Evan

Reaction score
View attachment 2033

Just going to leave this right here. Disgusting!!

I dunno, Casey. I understand that you think politicizing NOAA/NWS and undermining their public mission is a big deal, and that it may cause serious damage to their carefully built reputation for integrity and accuracy. But, is that really the biggest issue here?

I remain unconvinced that wearing a tan suit in the White House wasn't the more egregious violation of a norm. You say this situation is disgusting, but isn't that a subjective thing? I mean, if I rated this whole NOAA/NWS thing a 2/10 for potential impact to our country, I'm confident most people would agree that wearing a tan suit in the White House is it at least an 8 or 9 out 10.

It's not like the weather and our climate have a daily impact on people. No, I don't think that's the case at all. Not like the continual impact that wearing a tan suit might cause. That has continued to bother me on a daily basis since it happened. It really sticks in my craw, and I can't believe people are getting distracted with this whole NOAA/NWS thing instead of focusing on the real issues impacting our country.

I think you're letting the FAKE NEWS get you all riled up. I saw a map on Facebook that showed the eastern edge of Eufaula having a 5-10% chance of Tropical Storm force winds. Maybe you're not aware of this, but if something has a 5-10% chance of happening that means it's pretty much guaranteed to happen. That's what probability means. That it's probably going to happen. I think you're underestimating the potential impact of dozens of trash cans in Eufaula getting tipped over. You know the street dogs there will root around in that trash and make a big mess. To me, that's getting hit much harder than anticipated. Most people don't anticipate their trash can getting blown over, or that street dogs will come and root around in the trash after that.

I think you just want to run our President down because you have severe TDS. Let me come to your house and tip over all your trash cans and see if you still think that's not a big deal. I think you'll change your mind pretty quickly. People are just mad that Trump keeps showing up all the supposed "experts" out there. Maybe after his second term Penn State and Oklahoma will get him to teach a few forecasting classes. He's sure to do a better job than the crazy Libs we have on CNN!!!!!

Casie

Reaction score
I dunno, Casey. I understand that you think politicizing NOAA/NWS and undermining their public mission is a big deal, and that it may cause serious damage to their carefully built reputation for integrity and accuracy. But, is that really the biggest issue here?

I remain unconvinced that wearing a tan suit in the White House wasn't the more egregious violation of a norm. You say this situation is disgusting, but isn't that a subjective thing? I mean, if I rated this whole NOAA/NWS thing a 2/10 for potential impact to our country, I'm confident most people would agree that wearing a tan suit in the White House is it at least an 8 or 9 out 10.

It's not like the weather and our climate have a daily impact on people. No, I don't think that's the case at all. Not like the continual impact that wearing a tan suit might cause. That has continued to bother me on a daily basis since it happened. It really sticks in my craw, and I can't believe people are getting distracted with this whole NOAA/NWS thing instead of focusing on the real issues impacting our country.

I think you're letting the FAKE NEWS get you all riled up. I saw a map on Facebook that showed the eastern edge of Eufaula having a 5-10% chance of Tropical Storm force winds. Maybe you're not aware of this, but if something has a 5-10% chance of happening that means it's pretty much guaranteed to happen. That's what probability means. That it's probably going to happen. I think you're underestimating the potential impact of dozens of trash cans in Eufaula getting tipped over. You know the street dogs there will root around in that trash and make a big mess. To me, that's getting hit much harder than anticipated. Most people don't anticipate their trash can getting blown over, or that street dogs will come and root around in the trash after that.

I think you just want to run our President down because you have severe TDS. Let me come to your house and tip over all your trash cans and see if you still think that's not a big deal. I think you'll change your mind pretty quickly. People are just mad that Trump keeps showing up all the supposed "experts" out there. Maybe after his second term Penn State and Oklahoma will get him to teach a few forecasting classes. He's sure to do a better job than the crazy Libs we have on CNN!!!!!
I stand corrected. Yes, tan suits and 5% probabilities are a much larger threat to my safety than trying to keep the wx agencies unbiased. Silly me.

Evan

Reaction score
I stand corrected. Yes, tan suits and 5% probabilities are a much larger threat to my safety than trying to keep the wx agencies unbiased. Silly me.

Thank you, Casey. I'm glad you now realize how destructive tan suits are compared to, say, tornadoes and hurricanes. Little wind and rain, maybe a few snapped twigs, versus a historical blow to the very fabric (lol) of American society.

Casie

Reaction score
I just cant!! This after his tweet that he NEVER HAD ALABAMA in the path and blamed the MSM for continuing to bring it up. This is REALLY our POTUS?? TWEETING THIS????

Casie

Reaction score
I just cant!! This after his tweet that he NEVER HAD ALABAMA in the path and blamed the MSM for continuing to bring it up. This is REALLY our POTUS?? TWEETING THIS????

Our POTUS IS tweeting memes! Lost whatever credibility he had left. Smdh.

Casie

Reaction score
And his previous tweets were 5 of the last 8 covering up his buffoon gaffs. Thus giving the newscast fresh meat. Incredible that the best country in the world has now a Dictator.

Reaction score
It seems Trump's biggest mistake was giving a public address based on 2 day old data and needs to fire whoever gave him this. He spoke 9/1 based on data from 11AM advisory on 8/29

Annotation 2019-09-08 024004.png

Wind probs would have supported his claim if thats the case

ED2n4PTWwAAbj5R.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back