• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
There’s a Fordham university report card of Donald trumps floating around online. GpA was 1.28. Not sure if it’s real or not. If it’s real, trump is an idiot and failed statistics.

skelly

Reaction score
For whatever reason should the census not count actual citizens?
Don’t really care what anybody cites or whatever the census statutes are I don’t see anything immoral or wrong about a question of citizenship on the census or why anybody would be bothered by it. The census counts all manner of demographics....

gangstonc

Reaction score

skelly

Reaction score
And Ivey and all the Republicans and Democrats in Montgomery are scum for the way there handing us this tax increase. Or really they are scum and that’s why they do things this way. Tax system in Alabama is truly regressive I don’t care if it is among lowest in nation.

Arcadia

Reaction score
Painting Ilhan Omar's remarks as antisemitic is quite cute. Is it her hijab? It is her skin color? Is it because she is Muslim?

It IS all about the Benjamins. That's the point of lobbying! You buy off politicians. The right does it. The left does it. Israel does it, and so does Saudi Arabia. Everyone does it! It's not that complicated. More money = more politicians in your pocket.

It's too bad the pro-Israel snowflakes got their feelings hurt by the truth. Perhaps people are finally waking up to the fact that Israel violates international law with no repercussions.

And before anyone tries the missiles into Israel retort, spare me. I'll tear into the Palestinian terrorists as well if it will make you feel better.

But back to the point, Omar's remarks are not antisemitic. And both sides ripping into her is comical. It's almost like the more fake outraged they get, the more AIPAC money they get. A real political feeding fish to seals game.

No, it's not her hijab or her skin color or that she's Muslim. It's that she is making anti-Semitic comments. It's not complicated. And it's certainly not cute. "It's all about the Benjamins, baby" was not a jab at Israel, the state. It was a jab at the people who support Israel. The Jews. And their Jew money, tainted that it is, manipulating the world (an old Jewish trope) and the reason for America's support. But she didn't stop there. Later, she stated that American supporters of Israel exhibited signs of dual-loyalty. It's not a benign comment. It is anti-Semitic and again it's not cute. Even Rahm Emanuel has taken great offense to this charge.

"Whether consciously or not, Representative Omar is repeating some of the ugliest stereotypes about Jews—tropes that have been unleashed by anti-Semites throughout history. She is casting Jewish Americans as the other, suggesting a dual loyalty that calls our devotion to America into question.
(...)But it’s not just me who’s been subject to questions of dual loyalty. For centuries, this trope has been aimed at Jews in countries around the world. In embracing it, Omar is associating herself with calamities from the Spanish Inquisition to the Russian pogroms to the Holocaust. That’s not historical company that any American should want to keep."

Fake outrage? No, it isn't. Omar is making anti-Semitic comments. She is being called out for them. Refusing to see them as such doesn't make it fake outrage. She is not questioning the policies of Israel. I know the difference. So, don't condescend to me like you did with Kory. If you want to question Israel's policies, question them. But this isn't how you do it.

You can read his Rahm Emanuel's full comments here: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...-dual-loyalty-charge-was-anti-semitic/584314/

Arcadia

Reaction score
As per your demand, I shall not reply to you in a condescending tone, even though it's the same overreacting, hysterical, and nonsensical garbage stated by Kory packaged in a more fleshed out narrative and most deserving of a condescending reply, I shall refrain.

I will instead reply to you with pity, because that is what your mentality deserves.

I pity you for not being able to give me one piece of evidence that Ilhan Omar is an anti-semite. You instead repackage the same crap Kory tried to serve me, taking historical anti-semitic viewpoints and putting those words into Ilhan's mouth to better serve your narrative. The words "Jew money" and "tainted" are your words not hers. That's pitiful.

I pity you for not seeing that Israel is no different than any other country in that it uses money to get special service from others. Whether that money comes from within their government (military contracts) or within our borders in the form of campaign contributions and political favors. That's the game, and anyone with money does it. I am sorry if you think Israel is out of bounds or above reproach, but they are not. If you want to criticize Israel's actions, you have to follow the money and the motive. Same for Saudi Arabia, UAE, Russia, China, Turkey, and any other hostile/iffy foreign government. The U.S. is not exempted. I pity you for not seeing that or are willfully ignorant to that fact.

I pity you for not seeing that to support Israel's ILLEGAL actions, you are, in fact, demonstrating that you have a dual-loyalty. There, I said it. And it's stupidly obvious. That's not a "Jew" thing; that's a religious priorities thing. Perhaps you are unaware that there are MANY Jews living in Israel who are ashamed of their government's actions? They voice their views with, you guessed it, "tainted Jew money." They lobby for a more progressive Israeli government from within. There are many Jews who do that over here in the U.S. as well, lobbying with their "tainted Jew money." See, you are ignorant to the fact that Israel's hard-line, far-right approach to domestic and foreign affairs is a threat to U.S. national security. When a U.N. recognized government basically interns 1.8 million Palestinians in a 140.9 mi² area and deprive them of economic opportunity and block their humanitarian aid, you might shake a few of the crazy ones into join a terrorist organization. Did you know that the U.S. basically props up the Israeli military? Who do you think the Palestinians and Islamic terrorists sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinians are going to get mad at? It's a national security threat. One says that they are loyal to America, but then they support a country's longstanding tactics which bring about a national security threat. You then have Americans who go to settle over in Israel in illegal settlements because it it their religious destiny/right. Dual-loyalty. Plain and simple. If you do not see it, you have my pity.

I pity you if you thought I care what Rahm Emanuel thinks. I could care less. Doesn't the right like to make fun of his work in Chicago recently? Stick to that.

I pity you for thinking you know the difference between criticizing the Israeli government and being an anti-semite. You do not. You only think you do as it fits your fake outrage narrative. You gave me nothing resembling evidence that Ilhan Omar is an anti-semite. You gave me the same hysterical and visceral garbage Kory did. In fact, I'll go as far to say that, on this subject, you have more in common with the far left that I thought: you debate with hysteria and not fact. I pity that.

As for me. I am done with this site. Some of you still debate the right way with fact and analysis, but my head is sore from banging it on my desk from the others. I am not so naive as to think that any of what I say will change any minds. No, identity politics has festered to the point of metastasis. Reasonable debate is no longer a goal. Only political points, posturing, fake outrage, and visceral reactions matter anymore. I pity that.

I don't think condescending means what you think it means. And I'll not engage with someone who spouts off anti-Semitic comments, dresses them up as "criticizing Israel's government" and think I'll not know the damned difference. Let me clue you in on something....I'm not an idiot. Now, there's the door since you are done with this site. Don't let it hit you on the way out.

skelly

Reaction score
Schiff denies nature of meetings with Cohen. Apparently there was nothing illegal for his staff to depose / coach him up for the hearings. Why deny?

Manning refuses to testify to grand jury in wiki leaks investigation. Obama commuted sentence or Manning would still be in jail. Now back in jail. Has been granted immunity already I would like to buy the principles stance but I don’t. Hiding something for somebody.

Also Schiff should call Glenn Simpson next. If anybody has evidence for Trump - Russia collusion then Simpson should. I don’t mind if they meet beforehand to go over testimony.

Then call Li Yang lets get her under oath I wouldn’t mind seeing her entire client list.

Call Zuckerburg, Dorsey, and Milner.
Heck, grant Assange immunity and pardon him then bring him before the committee.

I think we could begin to wrap this up pretty quick unless you know NK launches an attack or something.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I think we could begin to wrap this up pretty quick unless you know NK launches an attack or something.
Don't have to worry about that anymore because Trump negotiated them out of their nuclear weapons program remember? Oh wait...

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back