• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casie

Reaction score
And finally for all the non-history/democracy followers-kool-aid drinkers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181214-002043_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181214-002043_Chrome.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 0

Kory

Reaction score
In other news, Ben Shapiro, a political pundit who has largely shaped my views of politics, will be speaking at UA this spring. I am 100% going.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Probably would’ve been more inclined had the poster not called everyone in this thread a “disgrace to democracy.”
Indeed.

In other news, Cohen says that Mueller has substantial amount of evidence to back up his claims.
“The special counsel stated emphatically that the information that I gave to them is credible and helpful,” “There’s a substantial amount of information that they possessed that corroborates the fact that I am telling the truth.”

Matt

Reaction score
Your views and rhetoric will be the fire that divides our great country. You continue to feed into the hate rather than thrive to come to a third party or hell, at least a happy medium. Until we fight against the two party, we are doomed. One party will never rule this country, it is the future!

I agree. With a few exceptions there is not a dimes difference between Republicans and Democrats. Neither party give a rats money maker about their constituents. They care about wealth and power. One man that does care and could possibly expose the corruption and criminality of the governing class is being attacked from all sides. The media is nothing more than an arm of the Democrat party. They may me sick to my stomach!

Last edited:

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
I agree. With a few exceptions there is not a dimes difference between Republicans and Democrats. Neither party give a rats money maker about their constituents. They care about wealth and power. One man that does care and could possibly expose the corruption and criminality of the governing class is being attacked from all sides. The media is nothing more than an arm of the Democrat party. They may me sick to my stomach!
So, just to be clear... in an effort to defend Trump, you are lambasting people who care about wealth and power. Did I get that right?

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Very curious about the DC Circuit Court locking down the 5th floor & nobody seeing who went in or out. No doubt The Mueller is doing something extremely interesting.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Very curious about the DC Circuit Court locking down the 5th floor & nobody seeing who went in or out. No doubt The Mueller is doing something extremely interesting.
Yeah. It was def mueller’s guys. Two of them were seen pulling back in to work 15 minutes after the hearing ended.

Seems like somebody is fighting a subpoena.

Reaction score

I have been lurking on this forum since 2005. I check it at least once a day during hurricane and tornado seasons (the posts are fantastic), and at least once a week all other times for political news. I am very familiar with many regulars' political beliefs and slants. Though I do not agree with some positions taken by people such as Evan, Arcadia, Ghost, Pastor of Muppets, marooned, KoD, and gangstonc, they lay out rational and coherent arguments in almost every post they make. Evan even writes multi-paragraph essays sometimes. They are extremely informative. Kory is a little too taken by the gun issue, but even he is for the most part thoughtful in his posts. This is all to say that these mentioned regular posters show they can be reasoned with and have good and honest discussions... even if I think they are dead wrong on some issues.

Then you have posts like the above. This is writings from a viewpoint that can not longer see the forest from the trees. The koolaid has been consumed, the wrong horse has been bet on, the errant side of history has been defended, and the pride has gotten in the way of the facts. I always skipped Stormlover's posts for the same reasons.

I find value in reading people's opinions on political subjects in between weather seasons who share beliefs different than mine who are able to convey it in a meaningful manner.

Matt, you are just going to have to live with the fact that Trump will go down in as being the worst president in US history. He is also a criminal. That is an indisputable fact by any metric you wish to measure with. I cannot stand Hillary. She represents much of what is wrong with US politics, but Trump has done more damage to our country than she could have ever done. And that fact the Republicans are going along with it only cements their political future with the changing demographics in this country.

I will not get into a debate about this, as the above posters have pointed out your falsehoods and lazy arguments with more patience and politeness than I could ever muster. Debating opposing viewpoints is healthy. Digging in with your head in the sand is not.

Kory

Reaction score
I have been lurking on this forum since 2005. I check it at least once a day during hurricane and tornado seasons (the posts are fantastic), and at least once a week all other times for political news. I am very familiar with many regulars' political beliefs and slants. Though I do not agree with some positions taken by people such as Evan, Arcadia, Ghost, Pastor of Muppets, marooned, KoD, and gangstonc, they lay out rational and coherent arguments in almost every post they make. Evan even writes multi-paragraph essays sometimes. They are extremely informative. Kory is a little too taken by the gun issue, but even he is for the most part thoughtful in his posts. This is all to say that these mentioned regular posters show they can be reasoned with and have good and honest discussions... even if I think they are dead wrong on some issues.
I'll admit that, but it is something that I am very passionate about.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score

Then you have posts like the above. This is writings from a viewpoint that can not longer see the forest from the trees. The koolaid has been consumed, the wrong horse has been bet on, the errant side of history has been defended, and the pride has gotten in the way of the facts. I always skipped Stormlover's posts for the same reasons.

I find value in reading people's opinions on political subjects in between weather seasons who share beliefs different than mine who are able to convey it in a meaningful manner.

Matt, you are just going to have to live with the fact that Trump will go down in as being the worst president in US history. He is also a criminal. That is an indisputable fact by any metric you wish to measure with. I cannot stand Hillary. She represents much of what is wrong with US politics, but Trump has done more damage to our country than she could have ever done. And that fact the Republicans are going along with it only cements their political future with the changing demographics in this country.

I will not get into a debate about this, as the above posters have pointed out your falsehoods and lazy arguments with more patience and politeness than I could ever muster. Debating opposing viewpoints is healthy. Digging in with your head in the sand is not.
Glad to finally hear from you after all your years of lurking. Hope you will join in the conversation more often!

Matt

Reaction score
So, just to be clear... in an effort to defend Trump, you are lambasting people who care about wealth and power. Did I get that right?

Trump earned his wealth. Most of the pols in D.C. acquired their wealth via corruption, fraud, graft and influence.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back