• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Speaking of visitors paying to come to Tuscaloosa...

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
You mentioned Tuscaloosa no where in your post only that Trump had a history of not paying for Police. You don't want to talk about the others well because then Trump would look just like everyone else instead of the villain you want him to be.
You assume far too much about me. If you look at the VERY FIRST THING in my post, it is a quote of Kory's post. It's a very small post that says "Will the taxpayers of Tuscaloosa (myself) be picking up this tab? Or will the feds be billed? Genuinely curious... " So, I didn't mention "Tuscaloosa" in my post because I don't answer questions like a second grade student. I assumed the reader was able to comprehend that I addressed the question asked rather than some other random topic. Taking that approach one step farther, perhaps you would go through the effort to provide an answer with a long diatribe about who would have paid if some other random dignitary had come into town, but I answered it based on past performance relative to the person he was inquiring about.

I think we have a failure to communicate here. All points being made here are valid. Other candidates have been horrible at paying back cities for high profile visits. At the same time I think the valid point was being made that Trump, since he is the one visiting Tuscaloosa, has the same lack of urgency of reimbursing these cities.
On that note please be careful of using statements like “you think this” or “you think that”. That is taking a discussion to a personal level instead of arguing the point on its merits and often leads to a personal attack.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
That won’t be allowed anywhere on campus so good luck staging at University Mall.
Seeing it pass behind Corso as he's dawning a mascot's head would be pretty fantastic, though.

Edit: Actually, if Corso could somehow put that on as his mascot head, that would be even better. "I'm not picking LSU or Bama - the winner today is Trump!"

Kory

Reaction score
Donald Trump Jr likes to "trigger the libs" but he is 100% right. Joy did blackface and Whoopi defended a child rapist. Weird when their SJW cancel culture turns on themselves. But it's okay! If you're a Democrat, you can get away with being a blatant racist *. See Ralph Northam, the infanticide enthusiast.

Not a fan of Benny Johnson, but he's the only person who had this clip. Love the meltdown by Joy and Whoopi when called out on their *.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Donald Trump Jr likes to "trigger the libs" but he is 100% right. Joy did blackface and Whoopi defended a child rapist. Weird when their SJW cancel culture turns on themselves. But it's okay! If you're a Democrat, you can get away with being a blatant racist *. See Ralph Northam, the infanticide enthusiast.

Not a fan of Benny Johnson, but he's the only person who had this clip. Love the meltdown by Joy and Whoopi when called out on their *.

Honestly I think it is a stretch to say she wore black face. She did make it appear she had darker skin but that is not what I would consider black face.
The things those ladies defend sometimes though is crazy. Who in their right mind would defend the things they have defended.

Kory

Reaction score
Honestly I think it is a stretch to say she wore black face. She did make it appear she had darker skin but that is not what I would consider black face.
The things those ladies defend sometimes though is crazy. Who in their right mind would defend the things they have defended.
I agree. I think it says more about a person’s character seeing what they pick and choose to defend. Okay, someone makes a comment or wears a costume when public opinion of it was different. Not acceptable. But, to then defend it years later? You know it’s wrong.

Blackface is making a mockery of people of color. Just as I believe drag is making a mockery of female stereotypes. It’s disrespectful.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I agree. I think it says more about a person’s character seeing what they pick and choose to defend. Okay, someone makes a comment or wears a costume when public opinion of it was different. Not acceptable. But, to then defend it years later? You know it’s wrong.

Blackface is making a mockery of people of color. Just as I believe drag is making a mockery of female stereotypes. It’s disrespectful.

I agree with you on Blackface. It is inherently racist and disgusting. I don't think Joy Behar did that in a racists manner. I think she actually showed all people can look beautiful no matter the color of their skin. She actually made it look good. Blackface doesn't look good at all.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah not really out of left field for Warren but definitely straight pandering. I'm pretty sure blacks trans non binary people weren't at independence hall drafting the Constitution or remotely related to the structure/"backbone" of our democracy.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I think this video speaks for itself... But Trump has the best ideas, the best friends, hires the best people and knows the most astronomically vastest biggest and lowest numbers ever, etc... Ever.

It makes "billions" sounds like a foreign word.

Evan

Reaction score
They can have all the labels they want, but to claim that group is the backbone of our democracy is nuts.

Yep. It's just outright insane. And, like Jacob pointed out, all they have to do is not be crazy. But, alas, that appears to be too much of an ask.

Evan

Reaction score
I thought this merited a read.

Sullivan has reached the same conclusion I did a while back. Trump has to be impeached, not just because his behavior is awful, damaging to our country, and clearly impeachable, but because if we do not don't then what further restraints will there be on the Presidency? What presents a President Warren from crossing the line and gambling that her party will back her like the GOP backed Trump?

Politics has turned into a zero sum game, and all of the institutions that are supposed to protect the people have been unable to stop Trump's belligerent actions. There is no question that future leaders will take that kind of abuse of executive power and run with it. Unless, of course, Trump is stopped and removed from office for his actions. Demonstrating that our Constitutional rot isn't quite as bad as we think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back