• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
That was not what he said. A repeated lie is still a lie.
QUESTION: Mr. President, are you putting what you’re calling the alt-left and white supremacists on the same moral plane?

TRUMP: I’m not putting anybody on a moral plane. What I’m saying is this. You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs and it was vicious and it was horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch. But there is another side. There was a group on this side, you can call them the left. You’ve just called them the left -- that came violently attacking the other group. So you can say what you want, but that’s the way it is.

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: ... on both sides, sir?

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: You said there was hatred, there was violence on both sides. Are…

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: Well, I do think there’s blame -- yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. You look at -- you look at both sides. I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don’t have any doubt about it either.

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: And -- and -- and if you reported it accurately, you would say (inaudible).

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: (inaudible) started this (inaudible) Charlottesville. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest…

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: Excuse me, excuse me. (inaudible) themselves (inaudible) and you have some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me -- I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

Matt

Reaction score
QUESTION: Mr. President, are you putting what you’re calling the alt-left and white supremacists on the same moral plane?

TRUMP: I’m not putting anybody on a moral plane. What I’m saying is this. You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs and it was vicious and it was horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch. But there is another side. There was a group on this side, you can call them the left. You’ve just called them the left -- that came violently attacking the other group. So you can say what you want, but that’s the way it is.

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: ... on both sides, sir?

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: You said there was hatred, there was violence on both sides. Are…

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: Well, I do think there’s blame -- yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. You look at -- you look at both sides. I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don’t have any doubt about it either.

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: And -- and -- and if you reported it accurately, you would say (inaudible).

(CROSSTALK)

QUESTION: (inaudible) started this (inaudible) Charlottesville. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest…

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: Excuse me, excuse me. (inaudible) themselves (inaudible) and you have some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me -- I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

gangstonc

Reaction score

The guy in the video said the white power group was there to protest about the statues. If you follow the video, the guy says that trump was talking about the group protesting about the statues. He said earlier in the video the statue group and white pride group were the same.

I don’t need some video featuring a trump campaign operative and created by a right wing source to tell me what trump said. The transcript and actual video tell the entire story.

Last edited:

Evan

Reaction score

I freaking knew you'd post that PragerU video. You've become a parody. Do you seriously not understand that the video uses multiple fallacies to paint over what Trump said?

Jesus.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It’s both. He’s my least favorite politician of all time. Hillary used to be the worst, but Trump has found a way to surpass her.

That’s not a fair assessment since she didn’t make it into office!!
And you think the new Democratic hopefuls selection is better?
There may be some cleaner acting than Trump but goodness what a circus of morons!!

gangstonc

Reaction score
That’s not a fair assessment since she didn’t make it into office!!
And you think the new Democratic hopefuls selection is better?
There may be some cleaner acting than Trump but goodness what a circus of morons!!
Cleaner acting means a lot to me. I refuse to vote for somebody who is so happy to lie to my face.

And Hillary was definitely a politician.

gangstonc

Reaction score
And it’s bias
The connections to trump and his business and these appointments to foreign interests are undeniable. No bias in that.

Look at Tillerson’s ties to Russia. Those aren’t made up.

You can’t hire people because they are loyal to you if they aren’t qualified for the job.

Kory

Reaction score
Imagine being so f**king stupid you don't even realize 99% of AR platform guns are manufactured in America. If you do not know what you are talking about, you have no business regulating.

I literally can only think of one brand that is imported.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
The connections to trump and his business and these appointments to foreign interests are undeniable. No bias in that.

You can’t hire people because they are loyal to you if they aren’t qualified for the job.
Actually you can hire people because they are loyal to you even if they are not qualified. Trump has proved that. The statement should be... "You should never hire people just because they are loyal to you if they aren’t qualified for the job."

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
How bout those tariffs? #winning

"The lay-offs call into question claims President Donald Trump has made about the resurgence of the domestic steel industry. Last week in Pennsylvania, Trump said his 25% tariff on foreign imports has turned a “dead” business into a “thriving” enterprise.

Domestic steel prices did rise in the immediate aftermath of Trump’s tariffs. But they have fallen dramatically amid improved supplies and weakening demand from the auto and farm machinery sectors.

Prices of hot-rolled coil are down nearly 37% from their 2018 peak.

U.S. Steel’s stock price has plunged 73% since March 1, 2018, when Trump announced his decision to crack down on foreign imports."

Matt

Reaction score
How bout those tariffs? #winning

"The lay-offs call into question claims President Donald Trump has made about the resurgence of the domestic steel industry. Last week in Pennsylvania, Trump said his 25% tariff on foreign imports has turned a “dead” business into a “thriving” enterprise.

Domestic steel prices did rise in the immediate aftermath of Trump’s tariffs. But they have fallen dramatically amid improved supplies and weakening demand from the auto and farm machinery sectors.

Prices of hot-rolled coil are down nearly 37% from their 2018 peak.

U.S. Steel’s stock price has plunged 73% since March 1, 2018, when Trump announced his decision to crack down on foreign imports."

China has been cheating and stealing on us for thirty years. They've dumped crappy steel. What the hell would president Ghost do ?

Matt

Reaction score

Get a life. Guess what ? Trump is your president and I believe will be reelected .

For two plus years you bought a lie spoon fed to you by the MSM. You should be pissed off as hell at them. Nope, you pick up on the next tactic.. Racist! White Supremacy! What ever they say, you believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back