• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Matt, what do you think about Trump saying Article 2 gave him the power to do whatever he wants as president? What would you do if Obama had said something so stupid and dangerous?

Evan

Reaction score
It's pretty amazing. Trump has implemented and overseen one of the largest tax increases in US history (his tariffs) while at the same time reaching record debt and deficit levels under full employment. It's undeniable that the man is essentially a caricature of the quintessential tax-and-spend Democrat. Every single honest person on this forum knows it. As I explain below, it's actually rather ironic that Democrats are stereotyped as being the party of big-spending.

It's quite the accomplishment that every single Republican President has managed to outspend their Democratic counterpart since FDR.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-president-by-dollar-and-percent-3306296

I've never been more convinced that the two-party system is about to see its grip on American politics finally come to an end.

If re-elected, Trump's proposed budgets take us to well over 30 trillion in debt by the end of his second term. When Bill Clinton left office in January of 2000, our national debt was less than 5.8 trillion dollars.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The ATF issued an advisory to Federal Firearm Dealers in Alabama today stating that they may no longer sell a firearm to a valid CCW carrier without first doing a background check. I think the state passed a law a couple years ago that allowed permit carriers to show their permit at the time of a firearm purchase. The ATF states that some Sheriff’s in Alabama had not run background checks at the time of issuing a permit. The last two guns I bought I filled out the paperwork but the FFL didn’t run the check it was filed away. I had to show my permit and driver license which they made copies of to put on file.

Matt

Reaction score
It's pretty amazing. Trump has implemented and overseen one of the largest tax increases in US history (his tariffs) while at the same time reaching record debt and deficit levels under full employment. It's undeniable that the man is essentially a caricature of the quintessential tax-and-spend Democrat. Every single honest person on this forum knows it. As I explain below, it's actually rather ironic that Democrats are stereotyped as being the party of big-spending.

It's quite the accomplishment that every single Republican President has managed to outspend their Democratic counterpart since FDR.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-president-by-dollar-and-percent-3306296

I've never been more convinced that the two-party system is about to see its grip on American politics finally come to an end.

If re-elected, Trump's proposed budgets take us to well over 30 trillion in debt by the end of his second term. When Bill Clinton left office in January of 2000, our national debt was less than 5.8 trillion dollars.

The tariffs have not increased inflation here Evan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back