• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
This should not be happening in our country. I was in Los Angeles last week. Stayed at a very nice hotel and within a few blocks I saw homeless encampments. Not as bad as this but bad and nasty. Elect liberals and this is what you eventually get.

This is the problem with Democrats. They are ultimately a disorganized party of do nothings. Too weak do anything meaningful to counteract any of the societal problems they are supposed to specialize in fixing.

Kory

Reaction score
This should not be happening in our country. I was in Los Angeles last week. Stayed at a very nice hotel and within a few blocks I saw homeless encampments. Not as bad as this but bad and nasty. Elect liberals and this is what you eventually get.

New Orleans has had a growing problem with this as well. Encampments underneath overpasses and bridges. But, we had a mayor who spent millions on removing Confederate monuments! Priorities!

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
And the Dems nor the media grew a conscience until Trump took office. Situational ethics indeed. We can do this all day long. I love how we just jumped from Trump is the baddie of all politics to 'those evangelical Christians are the real hypocrites'. Yep, just throw every evangelical Christian in a pot and stir. Even though I'm not an evangelical, I am a Christian and a lot of Christians actually don't support him. I think they are referred to as 'never Trumpers, pro-lifers, Conservatives, middle of the road, Independents, etc. Put whatever hashtag you want in front of them. Those of us who aren't beholden to a political party actually have stayed true to our moral convictions and have called out immoral behavior on both sides. We don't make the 24 hour sound bites. Not shocking. I believe we have been vocal on this board though, so don't act surprised. I really hope you didn't get splattered when you decided to paint everyone with that brush of yours. And the real rub is that anytime someone proves what a complete load of crap something is the answer is to always deflect from that topic to....oh look over there...something completely unrelated. But since you brought up supporters of presidents, Clinton's supporters were steadfast. The media and their support of him was steadfast. Oh, have we forgotten? What's that saying...Every time you point a finger at someone else, three are pointing back at you.
You can try to shake it off but it's true. I live with them... worship with them... they are most of my relatives. Kory said I cast a broad net and the net is full. Evangelicals screamed bloody murder at the immoral behavior of Clinton, but turn their head the other way when it comes to Trump. Or make excuses like "he's just a new (baby) Christian, you have to give him a chance to learn" Yeah... I've heard that excuse from them. So yes it is situational ethics and hypocrisy. There is a fairly large segment of professed evangelical Christians that have blurred the lines between Christ discipleship and country patriotism and honestly believe that the USA is God's new chosen nation. The have let politics influence and drive their faith instead of the other way around.

Kory

Reaction score
How do you feel about nearly half of U.S. Catholics supporting Obama...an ardent promoter of abortion? Why was that not a topic of discussion then?

I feel evangelicals are an easy target to hit. Some their doing...some is the Left's demonization of religion.

gangstonc

Reaction score
How do you feel about nearly half of U.S. Catholics supporting Obama...an ardent promoter of abortion? Why was that not a topic of discussion then?

I feel evangelicals are an easy target to hit. Some their doing...some is the Left's demonization of religion.
I don’t know anybody that is an ardent promoter of abortion.

I would venture to guess that nearly half of the people who identify themselves as catholic aren’t necessarily practicing.

Kory

Reaction score
The Obama admin normalized abortion. It went from safe/rare under Clinton and Bush to what it is now.

“In 2001, 2002, and 2003, Obama opposed Illinois legislation that would have given legal protection to infants who survived abortion attempts. A 2002 federal version of the same legislation had passed unanimously in the U.S. Senate, with only 15 House members voting no. In 2003, only two years away from the Senate, Illinois state senator Obama stated plainly that he believed abortions should be legal in all situations, even late in a pregnancy—a position no other major presidential candidate had ever taken in their careers.”

Kory

Reaction score

I would venture to guess that nearly half of the people who identify themselves as catholic aren’t necessarily practicing.
I would venture to guess this wasn’t a topic then because ghost couldn’t posture about morals and righteously indignify a whole demographic that just happens to largely support Trump. Now, he is just trying to pat himself on the back in an attempt to look morally superior.

Matt

Reaction score

The democrat party is. Hell, they are in favor of infanticide for Christ's sake!

Arcadia

Reaction score
You can try to shake it off but it's true. I live with them... worship with them... they are most of my relatives. Kory said I cast a broad net and the net is full. Evangelicals screamed bloody murder at the immoral behavior of Clinton, but turn their head the other way when it comes to Trump. Or make excuses like "he's just a new (baby) Christian, you have to give him a chance to learn" Yeah... I've heard that excuse from them. So yes it is situational ethics and hypocrisy. There is a fairly large segment of professed evangelical Christians that have blurred the lines between Christ discipleship and country patriotism and honestly believe that the USA is God's new chosen nation. The have let politics influence and drive their faith instead of the other way around.

I'm not trying to shake anything off. What is your argument, ghost? That Trump is the boogie man of all politics because he's immoral? Or that his "Evangelical Christian" supporters are all hypocrites and....what? The reason for... what? His rise to the top? The reason he's president? All the world's ills? Look, no one was more angry than I was when Trump won the Republican nomination during the primaries. But he didn't get the majority of Evangelical support, ghost. He got the plurality. Do you understand the difference? During the general he gained more supporters, not due to people liking and approving of him, but because people could not stand Hillary Clinton. His winning said more about the Democrats and who they put up than it did about Trump. And the Democrat's reaction has been to shift more and more to the left. Again, if Trump wins, it will say a lot more about who the Democrats are and what their platform is than it will about Donald Trump. But my entire point was in direct response to the whole sky is falling mantra and our moral fabric is in tatters and it's all because of Trump. One man. And to that I say --- what rot! We're here because of where we've been. Try to shake that off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back