• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
How in hell did we allow it to happen ? He is well on his way to fixing all of Obama's mistakes.
We didn’t do anything about it when it did happen is my point. Trump is well on his way, the deficit is the best example.

Russia has attacked Ukraine, this is Trump’s first tweet off the golf course:

Reaction score
We didn’t do anything about it when it did happen is my point. Trump is well on his way, the deficit is the best example.

Russia has attacked Ukraine, this is Trump’s first tweet off the golf course:

We have thousands of enemy invaders attempting to infiltrate our southern border and bring crime and terrorism into our own country. NATO and the EU aren't over here helping us and never repay us for protecting them. They should learn to take care or themselves or perhaps ask the Russians to become their defense.

We have launched teargas into Mexico at the caravan.

Trump sent the military to the border for a reason-to defend it against the aggressors. Teargas is going way too easy on them but that is probably the most 'protection' the democrats will allow. This isn't a few delinquent kids trespassing but thousands. They should make an example of a few treating them like the enemy invaders that they are and maybe the others will get a clue that Trump means business and turn around and go home.

gangstonc

Reaction score
We have thousands of enemy invaders attempting to infiltrate our southern border and bring crime and terrorism into our own country. NATO and the EU aren't over here helping us and never repay us for protecting them. They should learn to take care or themselves or perhaps ask the Russians to become their defense.

Trump sent the military to the border for a reason-to defend it against the aggressors. Teargas is going way too easy on them but that is probably the most 'protection' the democrats will allow. This isn't a few delinquent kids trespassing but thousands. They should make an example of a few treating them like the enemy invaders that they are and maybe the others will get a clue that Trump means business and turn around and go home.

nato invoked article 5 one time - for the US.

The “trespassers” are asylum seekers.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
How in hell did we allow it to happen ? He is well on his way to fixing all of Obama's mistakes.
Allow is poorly phrased, but let me elaborate.
There wasn't meaningful consequences. If somebody stole your bike, and there was strong evidence showing they stole your bike, but the suspected thief got a clean pass ... You may tell somebody that the police allowed him to steal your bike, because they didn't prosecute or enact repercussions even though there was strong evidence of guilt. "Allow" in this context doesn't mean that the police told the thief he's free to steal the bike, but that they became confident of the circumstances after the fact and didn't do anything about it.

Trump has given a message to other countries: If you do high dollar business with us, we'll look the other way .. even if you kill one of our own. We'll say it's wrong and go through the motions, but there won't be any problems. Business as usual once it blows over.

I'm sure if this was Barry then there would be outrage from your camp over the Kashoggi murder. No question...

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score

Outrageous rhetoric, part of Trump's plan to create an enemy of the state and convince people that he alone and his policies are what is going to protect us.
Invaders? Infiltrate, bringing crime and terrorism? Aggressors? Enemy Invaders? Look dude, this isn't a war, these aren't gang rapist drug dealing bomb making terrorists. Almost all of these folks are well intentioned humans trying to better themselves and their families. They do a good service to this country and work hard labor intensive jobs for very little pay. Things that get food to our grocery stores, things that support the entire class structure of our society.
You can google up a few illegal immigrants that have committed crimes, some even egregious and violent. That's expected, there's got to be millions of them. That happens in any population, any ethnicity or race or country of origin. There isn't any increased likelihood that these people cause more crime than your neighbors would.
So cut the overzealous exaggerated evil rhetoric crap. These aren't enemy invaders & aggressors. Theres far more domestic crime and terrorism you should be concerned about. Hell, there's hundreds of things you should be more concerned about. The last thing this country needs is more people getting conned into the presidents classic authoritarian manipulation. It's textbook.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Why not seek asylum in Mexico?

This isn't about seeking asylum.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Also, remember in the days leading up to the election all the maps people on the left were posting to show how far away the caravan was from the US and said Trump was just posturing for votes? It was as if the caravan was months away.

The election was 3 weeks ago tomorrow and they're at the border.

I'm on record as a) anti-Trump and b) anti wall with real reform aimed at allowing more unskilled laborers into the country(we desperately need them), but this caravan stuff is a farce and the only thing happening is wall and Trump supporters are being emboldened.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Why not seek asylum in Mexico?

This isn't about seeking asylum.
I have no idea.

I too don’t think these people should be allowed to just run wild into the country, but they should be handled in a diplomatic and humane fashion. That doesn’t make me a nut job.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I have no idea.

I too don’t think these people should be allowed to just run wild into the country, but they should be handled in a diplomatic and humane fashion. That doesn’t make me a nut job.

Many of them aren't acting in a fashion deserving of a diplomatic response. They're invading a sovereign country.

Question - how did they get through Mexico safely with no cartel interaction?

gangstonc

Reaction score
I don
Many of them aren't acting in a fashion deserving of a diplomatic response. They're invading a sovereign country.

Question - how did they get through Mexico safely with no cartel interaction?
i don’t think the cartels care anything about them.

It seems to me like we could have shipped some MREs, fema trailers, and judges down there to decide who gets to stay and who needs to be sent back.

Kory

Reaction score
Lovely U.S. policy from decades ago, some elements still being enforced today, is reaping chaos still to this present day. Much like the Middle East, we meddle in affairs that we shouldn't. We haven't learned our lesson.

As I have said in the past, the amount of human trafficking in these "caravans" are astronomical. But, I've been told, we should just let all of them in. No questions asked.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
My guess is, like you said, in Mexico they're still vulnerable to the perpetrators & cartels since there's still a high degree of criminal enterprises there.
Why can't Mexico enroll them in some kind of witness protection program for asylum seekers? I don't know. They should if they don't. Then again, they also have a lot of crooked police and agents there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back