• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kory

Reaction score
I wouldn’t have a problem with a political rally after a tragedy if it was solemn and respectful. But, who am I kidding? Why would Trump keep things civil and respectful honoring the victims?

Matt

Reaction score
I'd think having a van like this should have you on a pretty closely watched list already

Dqcckx0WwAAqZSh.jpg

This is funny. He also admitted to being a democrat. What he is is easily explained. He's mentally ill.

Matt

Reaction score
Matt would normally reply to this with a "What about when Obama did...", but I think he had to run to Florida to check on his van.

All Obama did was hang out with Rev. Wright, Louis Farrakhan, Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson. The good ole racist charge. I guess when you have nothing else you call someone a racist.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
All Obama did was hang out with Rev. Wright, Louis Farrakhan, Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson. The good ole racist charge. I guess when you have nothing else you call someone a racist.
OK, you've completely lost your mind. Show me where ANY of that post had to do with race.

gangstonc

Reaction score
The dems are deperate and will do anything to win. Too many convenient for me. By the way:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/23/books/review/trumps-next-chapter.html
Why are you posting these fiction works?

Here is a real NY times article for today: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/29/nyregion/trump-acn-lawsuit.html

Who started making a big deal out of the caravan that won't be here for a couple of months? Trump
Why did he do it right before the midterms? To rile up his base.
Is his base riled up from this? You sure seem to be.

Kory

Reaction score
Why would I be shocked the Clinton's are racist?

Whether it be the "harmless" jokes, her comments about "super predators" or Bill's 1994 crime bill that incarcerated minorities, particularly black people, at rates not seen by other races for non-violent offenses, it's pretty clear where the Clinton's stand.

gangstonc

Reaction score
The Clintons are some of the most vile people in American history. I think they are largely to blame for us having to suffer through trump.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Another fantastic episode of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. (Adult content warning)

I consider myself fairly bipartisan, I try to put myself in others shoes. Most fascinating is the segment around 8-9 minutes he plays footage of Republican attorneys general's bragging about suing the Obama administration, then plays footage of democratic attorneys general's bragging about suing the Trump administration and points out how the viewer feels differently about each scenario even though they're practically identical. Eye opening for anyone I think. It's also very educational as always and while I consider it to be a left leaning program, the reality of the situations discussed can be enlightening to nearly everyone. Especially the bipartisan topics featured as the main story, i.e., Gene editing, guardianship, rehab, 911, equifax, floods, nuclear waste, dialysis and so much more.

Who can forget the story on Sinclair broadcasting?

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score

My first impression is that it's surprisingly forward for a politician. I also think it's a funny joke. Growing up in Texas and Alabama, this is something you'd easily hear from a friend or family member and not give it a second thought.
I can easily see how it's tasteless and that someone can be upset about it.
If I heard it on the street or elsewhere, I wouldn't be remotely surprised nor would I consider it to be honest slander. But to each his/her own.
It's still very surprising to hear that come out of a politicians mouth.
I don't want to stoop to Matt's level and say "but what about Trump" but let's be real... We've heard worse, and the only difference is that one is making a risky joke and the other is delusional.
My opinion: To be put off is entirely rational. To be outraged is excessive.

Last edited:

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
My first impression is that it's surprisingly forward for a politician. I also think it's a funny joke. Growing up in Texas and Alabama, this is something you'd easily hear from a friend or family member and not give it a second thought.
I can easily see how it's tasteless and that someone can be upset about it.
If I heard it on the street or elsewhere, I wouldn't be remotely surprised nor would I consider it to be honest slander. But to each his/her own.
It's still very surprising to hear that come out of a politicians mouth.
I don't want to stoop to Matt's level and say "but what about Trump" but let's be real... We've heard worse, and the only difference is that one is making a risky joke and the other is delusional.
My opinion: To be put off is entirely rational. To be outraged is excessive.

C'mon man. You know good and damn well had a Republican said that in the same or any setting it would be front page news and the faux outrage would be in overdrive. And when people wonder why we have this idiot in the White House now, this is why. People are tired of the hypocrisy.

I'm not outraged, just making a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back