• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan

Reaction score
Evan, you are unhinged and your hatred of all things Trump is having a negative effect on you. I hope you get better. I really do.

Care to revisit your asinine commentary now that Trump has announced he may commute Rod freakin' Blagojevich and pardon Martha Stewart? I wish the old forum posts were around so we could see what you had to say about Blago. Trying to sell a Senate seat. 18 years seems rather light to me.

It's obvious Trump is trying to setup "precedents" for future pardons. He's desperate and cornered so he's willing to do whatever it takes to protect himself.

If you can't see the massive issue with these pardons and the ones Trump is mulling over then I highly suggest YOU seek treatment. There's a reason the pardon process has been professionalized my entire life. There's a reason that tainted pardons like that of Marc Rich have been seen as seriously undermining the justice system.

I'll believe your serious when you issue a written apology to Bill Clinton for questioning him about Marc Rich's pardon. Until then, this is 100% about partisan politics for you. I have a major issue with the pardons Trump has done (outside of a couple) and with quite a few that Clinton did.

I will say impeachment talk is becoming irrelevant very quickly. With Trump's comments on Blago and Martha Stewart it is clearly 25th amendment time. Trump is completely irrational and mentally unfit to be President.

Evan

Reaction score
It's time for Mattis, Haley, and anyone else that cares about the rule of law or cares about this country to stand up and lead the charge to remove Trump due to mental incapacity. We can't wait for an election or hope that the GOP suddenly grows a spine on impeachment.

Trump is a grave threat to the future of our democracy. Mock me all you want. Plenty of people also backed Hitler or argued he was relatively harmless. History will harshly judge those in favor of appeasement or those Vichy Republicans that collaborated.

Evan

Reaction score

Kory

Reaction score
Textbook pandering by Democrat governor of Louisiana John Bel Edwards. He signed a strict 15 week abortion ban. I applaud the move but he’s fighting to stay elected come 2019 as the state’s budget is in shambles. The state’s infrastructure is crumbling. Economically, Louisiana is the slowest growing of all Gulf Coast states. Several high profile republicans would wipe the floor with him per polls.

xJownage

Reaction score
Reading Evan's posts simply makes my head hurt. Type of person you can't discuss things with because as soon as you don't immediately agree with bashing trump, you're a bad person. Unfortunate.

Evan

Reaction score
Reading Evan's posts simply makes my head hurt. Type of person you can't discuss things with because as soon as you don't immediately agree with bashing trump, you're a bad person. Unfortunate.

Nice strawman. I can do those, too. Meanwhile, be more specific with your beef. Your disappointed I don't believe like you do, and won't give you an indulgence for supporting some of Trump's outrageous actions. You want a comfortable echo chamber where no one disagrees with your view of the world. Name 3 Trump critics you read daily. Also, how about listing 5 examples of actions or behavior you disagree with Trump on?

Since we are doing strawmen...here's the next Trump supporter for Trump to pardon. He hates Bush and Obama, thinks we are all too PC, and loves to trigger the libs:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b10916de4b0d5e89e1e4824/amp?__twitter_impression=true

No doubt Fox News would become very sympathetic to NAMBLA if Trump pardoned him. Like they are doing for freaking Blagojevich.

It is pretty amazing that you say no one can discuss things with me because I immediately call them a bad person. It's rather ironic conquering you made zero attempt to engage me in discussion nor did you ask me any questions about my commentary. Instead, you implied I'm a bad person who is irrational and can't be trusted to discuss things in good faith. Sort of like a poster that makes a random appearance to make a passive-aggressive swipe at someone because they don't agree 100% about a political figure, no? But I digress...clearly I'm the one acting in bad faith. Especially since the post most recently directed at me, other than yours, was by someone who called me "unhinged" for daring to question King Donald or disagree with said person's political beliefs.

I have agreed with Donald Trump when he did something that I agree with, and I have disagreed with him when he has done things I don't agree with. For instance, in this very thread not too long ago, I saluted Trump for striking Syria and Assad. I also adamantly disagreed with Trump's unconstitutional executive action against the 2nd amendment. I also disagreed even MORE vehemently with the Democrats and Liberals that have attempted to use Parkland to push for gun control.

See, that's the whole problem. You don't want me to call balls and strikes on both teams. You want me to be a policial partisan who only calls balls for Trump and strikes on the Democrats. I'm not part of the usual echo chamber, so this enrages most Trump supporters who believe he's perfect and that Democrats are a bunch of baby killers (wait...that's a poor example. They are baby killers as is today's GOP).

I know this will absolutely baffle you, but the majority of Americans don't think Trump is doing a good job. An even larger majority have major issues with at least SOME of his actions or behaviors. I know, I know, I'm not being a team player and not blindly defending everything Trump does, and not doing so gives Liberals ammunition to use against "us." Boo hoo, cry me a river. Maybe Trump should try being a better President, stop abusing his power, and quit acting like a narcissistic ogre. But that's like asking Ted Cruz to make his face less punchable -- not gonna happen. It's who Trump is, it's in his biology. Much like Cruz's face -- it's biology. It's simply exceedingly punchable. It's just how his face happens to look.

I hope your head feels better soon. I know venturing outside of the fever swamps of Breitbart and The Gateway Pundit can be absolutely terrifying. Dang it! Sorry, I forgot that I'm *supposed* to act in good faith and not use a strawman to make my point. I'm so very glad you didn't do that yourself, and instead chose the higher road. Backup candidate for the Nobel Peace prize? I certainly think you'd qualify.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Textbook pandering by Democrat governor of Louisiana John Bel Edwards. He signed a strict 15 week abortion ban. I applaud the move but he’s fighting to stay elected come 2019 as the state’s budget is in shambles. The state’s infrastructure is crumbling. Economically, Louisiana is the slowest growing of all Gulf Coast states. Several high profile republicans would wipe the floor with him per polls.

What’s a 15 week abortion ban? You can’t have one after 15 weeks? There will be none for 15 weeks?

Anyway, I thought abortion bans were good?

Kory

Reaction score
What’s a 15 week abortion ban? You can’t have one after 15 weeks? There will be none for 15 weeks?

Anyway, I thought abortion bans were good?
When speaking in weeks regarding pregnancy, it usually is the period of time post conception. So, this would be AFTER 15 weeks, abortions are illegal.

And I said I applauded the move (because anything that might give the chance at life of the most vulnerable of our species is good). It isn't far enough though, because murder is murder whether it be at 10 weeks or 20 weeks. But anyone who cannot see through this move by Edwards is dumb. And it's rather insulting when politicians pander to the constituency as if we're stupid enough to not see through it. This doesn't all of a sudden make me a John Bel Edwards fan. Nor would I ever support him for governor of my home state under any circumstances.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
They are baby killers as is today's GOP).

The biggest fallacy in politics today is that the GOP really cares about abortion. The voters might care, but the actual politicians want to keep it legal so they can cover up their trysts.

Evan

Reaction score
Oh, look, now we are doing state-directed control of industry and central planning.

Becoming Communist to own the Libs.

xJownage

Reaction score
Nice strawman. I can do those, too. Meanwhile, be more specific with your beef. Your disappointed I don't believe like you do, and won't give you an indulgence for supporting some of Trump's outrageous actions. You want a comfortable echo chamber where no one disagrees with your view of the world. Name 3 Trump critics you read daily. Also, how about listing 5 examples of actions or behavior you disagree with Trump on?
Quite frankly, I don't have interest in this conversation in the first place. I used to read into politics in the same way you did, in fact, reading everything from the guardian to breitbart. Now? I can't even read it anymore because all I can ever see is people blindly flinging mud at the other side. This is honestly the reason I don't care to discuss this with you; all I've seen you do is absolutely excrement on braindead conservatives and everything Trump does, hence why I don't really care.

Evan

Reaction score
Quite frankly, I don't have interest in this conversation in the first place. I used to read into politics in the same way you did, in fact, reading everything from the guardian to breitbart. Now? I can't even read it anymore because all I can ever see is people blindly flinging mud at the other side. This is honestly the reason I don't care to discuss this with you; all I've seen you do is absolutely excrement on braindead conservatives and everything Trump does, hence why I don't really care.

If you are worried about the tone of modern politics and mud-slinging, then how can you support Trump?

Could you name the Conservatives that I've trashed? Trump isn't a Conservative. Neither are the mayority of people that support him. They're GOP loyalists and populists. Now, I have joked about Ted Cruz's face being punchable, but it is simply a joke. Definitely way less nasty than what Trump has said about Cruz and his family (and family should be off limits unless also in politics). I've critiqued Cruz for his sudden lack of a spine compared to his convention speech -- which is definitely incongruent behavior that needs an explanation. Rubio is a Conservative and I praised him until he, too, showed a similar lack of courage.

Calling politicians to account for their extreme hypocrisy is not "excrementing on Conservatives." Not sure why you said braindead. Most Conservatives are far from braindead myself included.

I think you have somehow decided that Trump and his supporters are Conservatives. Frankly, that's just completely divorced from any semblance of reality. Trump is a demagogic populist with moderate fascist tendencies. He's got much more in common with Mussolini and Hugo Chavez than any Conservative I've ever read or studied.

xJownage

Reaction score
If you are worried about the tone of modern politics and mud-slinging, then how can you support Trump?
Never said this, and as an *actual* conservative, I don't like the name/image he has given to the movement.
I think you have somehow decided that Trump and his supporters are Conservatives. Frankly, that's just completely divorced from any semblance of reality. Trump is a demagogic populist with moderate fascist tendencies. He's got much more in common with Mussolini and Hugo Chavez than any Conservative I've ever read or studied.
If you read his tweets, he's fascist. If you read his actions, he's really just an institutional republican who listens more to his cabinet than anything else. Don't know where you got the notion that I'd ever conflate Trump and conservatives, however it's important to realize that he's the face of a new movement and a lot of people paste his face on the conservative name.

Evan

Reaction score
Never said this, and as an *actual* conservative, I don't like the name/image he has given to the movement.

If you read his tweets, he's fascist. If you read his actions, he's really just an institutional republican who listens more to his cabinet than anything else. Don't know where you got the notion that I'd ever conflate Trump and conservatives, however it's important to realize that he's the face of a new movement and a lot of people paste his face on the conservative name.

You mentioned you were turned off by all the mud-slinging in politics in your post before this one. Hence why I mentioned that Trump is the King of mud-slinging in politics.

I don't think Trump has acted like an institutional Republican. Tariffs, undermining important relationships with allies, etc. It's a list a mile long, and one that I've laid out in detail many times before.

It sounds like Trump isn't your cup of tea, either. So, I'm not really understanding your issue with me calling out his narcissistic behavior, policy snafus, and his abuse of power. There's very little about Trump that is likeable or redeemable, and he's doing great harm to our institutions and our society.

The GOP no longer exists to me. It is now Trump's party, and has little in common with the Republican Party I grew up under. I think people see my posts and believe they are motivated by anger towards Trump. It's actually not anger. It's a deep sadness and a feeling of complete disbelief that he's our President, that he's harming our country, and that people have been willing to compromise their beliefs and principles to support him. In many cases, simply because they want to "stick it to the Libs" or to destroy Obama's legacy. Here's the thing, I sharply disagreed with Obama on policy, but I also realize (just like Trump) that he did a few things that were good. Trump's entire goal these days is to do the opposite of whatever Obama did. That's part of why he's harming our political and military alliances, etc. It's petty and childish.

xJownage

Reaction score
It sounds like Trump isn't your cup of tea, either. So, I'm not really understanding your issue with me calling out his narcissistic behavior, policy snafus, and his abuse of power. There's very little about Trump that is likeable or redeemable, and he's doing great harm to our institutions and our society.
Because whether or not I like Trump, it's honestly boring listening to anybody just excrement on everything he does, calling for impeachment and the like. Ridiculous hyperbole is just not fun to read. I don't think many people find it entertaining to read the posts you've been making about Trump.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Because whether or not I like Trump, it's honestly boring listening to anybody just excrement on everything he does, calling for impeachment and the like. Ridiculous hyperbole is just not fun to read. I don't think many people find it entertaining to read the posts you've been making about Trump.
I don’t think it’s hyperbole.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy Evans post because he elaborates and gives examples of why he thinks the things he thinks. This thread used to be a right wing echo chamber with no supporting evidence to the claims that were made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back