• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

1/6-1/7 Winter Storm Potential Thread

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Nice coating of ice here on power lines and trees.

SASQUATCH

Reaction score
Well. got a nice inch or so of snow on top of about 1/4 in. of sleet and it all stuck. Should be a pretty sunrise to take pics. I'll take it! Hope most all see something at some point. God Bless and be SAFE!

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Amazing, just about every county in Alabama is under some sort of winter advisory/warning. Wind chill advisories in NW Alabama, winter weather advisories in north Alabama and all the way down to the wiregrass, and winter storm warnings in central Alabama. Even northern Mobile and Baldwin counties are under a winter weather advisory.
C1iSyxoW8AAWbtF.jpg

RF16Gold

Reaction score
Sadly this will be a big bust for East Alabama. Feel for the mets as they are going to feel the heat from the public. Nothing but sleet and about 5 minutes of snow mixed in. As big a bust as we have ever had. Went from 3-4 inches of snow to a dusting of sleet. We were supposed to have the most. I know the mets did the best they could, but public trust will take a hit here for the rest of the winter. Bring on the 70s next week!

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm not sure you could even call what Huntsville has received a dusting. We were at dinner from 7pm to 8pm and there was some snow on the cars but it wasn't like they were all covered, and the roads were just fine. A total waste of sub-freezing temperatures.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
A little sleet still falling here. Good coating of freezing rain and some sleet on everything.

ShowMeYourTDs

Reaction score
Nothing! According FFC......I got NAMed........ugh.

Solid glaze of ice here with a quick dusting on top. And to be honest, surface temps and precipitation timing was pretty well modeled. I went below freezing a little before 7 PM last night. But those damn 850s & warm noses...not a doubt in my mind that I would've picked up some of those clown-map level totals...just seems like this happens every time.

Now my home is sitting precariously under old oak & pines covered in ice with 25-35 mph wind gusts...and I'm out of bacon

Back