• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Wx Outbreak March 1st- 3rd, 2023 - Southern States, MS/OH/TN Valley

cincywx

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
this system is incredible to be quite honest with you. nothing but constant rain all day in cincinnati, basement is wet, and wind is blowing. most recent line just cleared out and the sun is already peaking out. the storms to the southwest are moving at 65mph and will be here shortly... just incredible how fast this whole system evolves.

cincywx

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
this system is incredible to be quite honest with you. nothing but constant rain all day in cincinnati, basement is wet, and wind is blowing. most recent line just cleared out and the sun is already peaking out. the storms to the southwest are moving at 65mph and will be here shortly... just incredible how fast this whole system evolves.

this was issued for the 67mph wind gust reported on the *back side* of this line of storms. seems the strongest winds are occurring behind the current round of thunderstorms. so wild.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
For Alabama, while it wasn't perfect looking occluded low, the result was the same. The temp actually went up after the front but drier air did rush in... maybe I am saying this to help myself feel better after the last miss lol.
Everybody makes mistakes weather is just hard to forecast and predict everybody gets wrong forecasts and then everybody gets right forecasts.

OHWX97

Reaction score
A damaging tornado passed just north of Bethel, OH a few minutes ago.
Screenshot_2023-03-03_at_5.17.23_PM_50.png

buckeye05

Reaction score
Hearing reports that Pricetown, OH got hit by that tornado earlier. Very tiny "one stoplight" rural community in Highland County. No word yet on damage severity.

KevinH

Reaction score
Hearing reports that Pricetown, OH got hit by that tornado earlier. Very tiny "one stoplight" rural community in Highland County. No word yet on damage severity.
The term “One stoplight” reminds me of Greensburg, KS. Not the strength of the tornado itself, but another small town being struck by a tornado

Hopefully everyone is safe and unharmed.

buckeye05

Reaction score
The term “One stoplight” reminds me of Greensburg, KS. Not the strength of the tornado itself, but another small town being struck by a tornado

Hopefully everyone is safe and unharmed.
Looking on google maps, it's even smaller than I realized. No stoplight at all. Just a church and a cluster of houses at a rural intersection. Hopefully damage is minor.

Edit: damage is being described as "considerable". Someone got some (extremely grainy 2008 flip phone quality video) of it.

MattPetrulli

Reaction score
Nice from a human perspective to see the environment get wasted, from a meteorological perspective what an environment waste. Was hoping for a nice damaging wind event here but ended up splitting severe storms here (lol). Gradient winds ftw I guess.

Logo 468x120
Back