• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX Severe Wx Outbreak March 1st- 3rd, 2023 - Southern States, MS/OH/TN Valley

keithGA

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Line seems to be running ahead of schedule based on 16z HRRR. Didnt have it in its current location until about an hour from now.

Blizzard1

Reaction score
Bill Murray says the layer of warm air at 5k is the only thing stopping us from having big tornadoes
Yes for once that is working FOR us. Many a good snow have been nuked this way too. That line is trucking as well now. Of course that is not a good thing for the straight line wind issue but at least it takes some of the tornado threat off the board for many of us sooner(the better).

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Can anybody tell if they'res lighting picking up near Concord? Northwest of Birmingham???
Seems like it was a fluke I thought a mesocyclone was developing, may have been two storms interacting

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KM4JKH
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I’m watching the storm near Ashland. It is slowly growing and looks to be 23k high. Think that’s above the dry layer. Now if it doesn’t get sheared apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk