• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat - December 8th-10th, 2023

MichelleH

Reaction score
Homewood, Vestavia and Mountain Brook had multiple trees blown down last night. Unfortunately, some of them went into people's homes. Not hearing of any injuries though.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Industrial building destroyed in Springfield, TN. Wasn’t the most intense looking tornado on radar but it was clearly strong. Got overshadowed by the Clarksville and Nashville metro tornadoes.
75DED2E6-5550-4D26-BA61-05F2C466817F.jpeg
Also yeah I’m alive lol. Moved and have been exploring some other hobbies, but getting back into weather again.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Àlso didn’t see much about it, but there are reports of multiple houses destroyed between White Bluff and Ashland City, TN. Probably won’t know how bad until later, but there was a major debris sig in that area.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Industrial building destroyed in Springfield, TN. Wasn’t the most intense looking tornado on radar but it was clearly strong. Got overshadowed by the Clarksville and Nashville metro tornadoes.
View attachment 22521
Also yeah I’m alive lol. Moved and have been exploring some other hobbies, but getting back into weather again.
So, the legend returns?

In addition, the Springfield tornado actually produced a pretty deep TDS after hitting town (probably second or third IMO after Hendersonville and maybe the first long-tracker) so I'm unfortunately not surprised it was also strong.

akt1985

Reaction score
It looks like the squall line over the Florida Big Bend has outrun the latest Tornado Watch. I wonder why the SPC has not issued a new watch for the rest of north Florida and southeastern Georgia?

Clancy

Reaction score
While the threat of more widespread QLCS tornadoes thankfully did not materialize overnight, at least 6 people lost their lives and thousands have lost everything they own, less than 3 weeks before Christmas. A community relief fund for the Nashville area has been organized, and blood donations are being encouraged in Clarksville, for those nearby and interested.

Back