• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat - December 8th-10th, 2023

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Stay safe out there Taylor!

I was close. I was parked at the Mountain Brook Community Church about to take the drone off, but quickly realized it was too late when I heard the wind and thumping sounds over the tree line. I felt there was a tornado based on observation of the inflow winds and the radar presentation. Hopefully, a lesson learned by the BMX warning coordinator.

TheSuckZone

Reaction score
I was close. I was parked at the Mountain Brook Community Church about to take the drone off, but quickly realized it was too late when I heard the wind and thumping sounds over the tree line. I felt there was a tornado based on observation of the inflow winds and the radar presentation. Hopefully, a lesson learned by the BMX warning coordinator.

Been reading that warning time was pretty poor for this event. Not my area so I didn't know if it was a radar hole issue or just too much going on too quickly.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Back