• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather Threat 4/27-4/28, 2024 - (Saturday, Sunday)

Cood101

Reaction score
I'm not sure if that's insanity or not. If it's the dead of night and you can't make a tornado out until you're right up on it, I'd probably have done the same. This is also assuming I'm a member of the general public who wouldn't be paying attention to the weather too though.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
(This is sarcasm because everyone acts as if Tim Marshall is a ratings mafioso going around to NWS offices forcing people to low ball ratings).
Yep. If I told the average twitter weenie that Marietta was rated violent thanks to Marshall's analysis, they'd probably keel over in pure shock.

Xanthaar

Reaction score
Wow, I initially rated that Dollar General Store a mid EF3.
I think the store he is saying is EF4 is the neighbouring Homeland store which looked a bit better constructed than the Dollar General which was wiped out. The video clip where he talks about poor construction looks like he is besides the Dollar General store.

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Wow! I was completely wrong about the grocery store in Marietta. I was not at all expecting an EF4 rating from that structure. It must have been remarkably well-built for a retail/big-box store. These things usually collapse as soon as one wall goes. If Tim says it is, then it definitely is though.
I want to say it was the combination of the Homeland being shredded and the Dollar General next door essentially being erased.

Evan

Reaction score
Content Removed Due to ToS

It's Spanish. They're saying go, go, go, go.

It's also one of the funniest videos I've seen in years. If you speak Spanish, the tone, pitch, etc and context is just absolutely hilarious as they encounter that tornado. Obviously, it was a very serious situation but they made it unintentionally funny. Not quite a classic like la caída de Edgar, due to the unfortunate lack of profanities, but it will likely be considered at least a borderline classic.

The fact that neither ever says hijueputa is just astounding to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timhsv

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It's Spanish. They're saying go, go, go, go.

It's also one of the funniest videos I've seen in years. If you speak Spanish, the tone, pitch, etc and context is just absolutely hilarious as they encounter that tornado. Obviously, it was a very serious situation but they made it unintentionally funny. Not quite a classic like la caída de Edgar, due to the unfortunate lack of profanities, but it will likely be considered at least a borderline classic.

The fact that neither ever says hijueputa is just astounding to me.
LOL......Im glad thats resolved

Timhsv

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Moderated
Can we not be putting casual racism in these threads? Thanks.
<<A portion of text has been Moderated by Admin>> .. I certainly don't need anyone on this earth to moderate what I say or how I say it... sir.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brice W

Reaction score
Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four